1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

Hawkwrench

35 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

The fit to me is just fine

God I love hearing that! I haven't built a kit in decades, still gathering the supplies I need. I have two of their Little Birds on the way, and plan to buy as many of their Blackhawks as possible. I have seen the level of detail they have, and compared to my Academy kits, these seem to be the new bar, and it's a high one, even oob. But I have never had luck, back in the old days, when the only filler I knew off, was the testors tube stuff. This was before the internet and before I even heard or micro sandpaper. Anyway, I plan to learn filling/sanding on less important/expensive kits, but having a proper fitting kit, will help avoid a big mess.

Anyway, thanks for giving me some stress relief! Cheers,

Anthony

I'm bias as I was part of the R&D team with Floyd Werner and others and we think we nailed it pretty good.

The only fit issue I keep hearing about is that when you close up the fuselage, it's a tight fit so modelers have been carefully sanding the outside of all the cabin walls that come in contact with the fuselage half on both sides until the fuselage is alot more easy to go together.

A certain helicopter aftermarket company is in the process of making some goodies for the MH-60L, so stay tuned!!!! Just sayin 

Tim

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

The crash axe was 3d printed in resin and will be part of a detail upgrade kit from a aftermarket company coming out soon. It's not part of the actual kit though. 

With your talent, you can make one and it will look outstanding. I'll PM you a crash axe pic.

Tim

5 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

The crash axe was 3d printed in resin and will be part of a detail upgrade kit from a aftermarket company coming out soon. It's not part of the actual kit though. 

With your talent, you can make one and it will look outstanding. I'll PM you a crash axe pic.

Tim

Awesome Tim! Just saw the PM- thanks for that!

Cheers

Pete

13 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

dusty helo flying in Somalia.

Nice! I have to take credit a bit, since I can't come close to my collection at the moment, I have to live vicariously through you guys. The dusting of Somali sand in the IC looks spot on!

Keep charging ahead, when asked my Maximus "are you entertained?"

My reply, a responding yes! Cheers,

Anthony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So today I scrachbuilt the FRIES release handle using some leftover PE and some evergreen stock.  Pretty cool I think. I also finished the cabin roof by adding a clear styrene cover for the overhead breaker panel.

49910261946_9fb50e0ddd_k.jpg

49910588542_e18ac9f994_k.jpg

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench