1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

Hawkwrench

Next was the cockpit and cabin floor. 
I started off by painting the floor Light Ghost Gray followed by putting down strips of 1.5 mm Aizu tape.
I then sprayed Tamiya Sky Grey to represent the non-slip striped found on the cabin floor.

20200203_023106_zpshvxkxctl.jpg

I then added Mig North Africa dust pigment to the floor around the crew chief seats.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Started on the Robbie tank that will go inside Super 63 and added some extra detail using micromark rivet decals. You won't see it, but I know it's there. Top is before, and bottom is after.

20200309_005328_zpspbb0tyx3.jpg

I also assembled the Live Resin miniguns. Man the detail on these is incredible!

20200309_004404_zpsrdomhkvt.jpg

That's all for now 

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looks good!  I think it might look good under a flat coat with some UV gel/Future for the instruments 

In person, the gloss of the decal gives it that "glass" look.

Tim

For a glassy look, I guess the best is using two part auto clear gloss varnishes. They give a nice depth and glossy look to glass panels. You can drop a miniscule amount of varnish on each panel with a toothpick. Varnish has an excellent holding capability to vertical surfaces so it will not flow over the matt surface.

Hi Tim

Simulating glass covered instruments is almost always  tricky to get realistic. Since WW2 many instrument glass faces were covered by an anti-reflective coating. Looking dead on the glass is not seen and the instrument has a matt or semi gloss appearance. Looking from the side the glass is visible. Even muli-function displays differ . The older generation were glass smooth but the later ones have a satin coating. In some aircraft some instruments had an anti-reflective coating and others not.

I would satin coat and see if any instruments need a gloss coat. Of coarse the effect of all the instruments gloss coated looks great even if not totally realistic.

BTW great subject. I have read the book and must have watched the movie five times. One of my all time favorite movies.

Nick