1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

Hawkwrench

I'm a big fan of MM Interior Black for 160th subjects.   It's a a hard to explain sheen about it that does a good job of replicating the paint on the real thing.   Of course,  given the way their helos weather, it's just for a base coat.   Glad I bought a couple of bottles before MM called it a day. 

Edited by John1

On 10/23/2020 at 1:23 AM, Hawkwrench said:

Pete, the Night Stalker black is really just 2 parts MM acrylic Army Helo drab and 1 part MM acrylic interior black. I imagine MRP NATO black and helo drab would work just as well if not better.

Tim

awesome- thanks brother!

I do have the new Live Resin figures for the killer egg- might be a fun project!

cheers

Pete

Tonight I finished up the upper transition area of the MH-60L. I read where flying leathernecks offered a 1/35 ALQ-144 so I bought it and put it on. The wiring was 2 short pieces of  020 lead wire. I drilled a 1mm hole and pushed the wires thru and glued them underneath. 
I'm pretty happy with the way it looks!

Here's what I'm after:

20201025_000214

And here's what I've got:

20201025_000619

20201025_000600

20201025_000751

Comments welcome!

Tim

2 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

awesome- thanks brother!

I do have the new Live Resin figures for the killer egg- might be a fun project!

cheers

Pete

Those figures are just stupid detailed! I love them.

Gotta get the NVG'S too!

Tim

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

A little more done on the MH-60 tonight. The top doghouse was a tight fit that needed clamps to get it down fully onto the fuselage. It's definitely not as good as Pete's helo, but I like it.

20201126_005555

Comments welcome

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Tim

Tim,

I would wait to glue the rotor mast since it appears you still a good amount of work to be done on your kit...so it does break while handling the helo and also easier to paint without it. its looking good.