1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

Hawkwrench

21 hours ago, John1 said:

Hmm...  the info on your link references “semi-wet compound”.  So these aren’t standard pastels or do you just apply them to a wet surface?  

They are like makeup, I suppose. Soft and applied with foam tipped brushes. Someone else probably has a better explanation than that!

Edited by Brett M

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2020 at 9:50 PM, Brett M said:

These.....I have 6-7 sets, they’re great.

https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/tam87088.htm

Nice work, Tim, the exhausts look hot!

Interesting.  I'm tempted to try these.  Are there particular ones that you find yourself going to the most?  That "Burnt Red" color certainly looks the part for rusty steel exhaust manifold...

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Interesting.  I'm tempted to try these.  Are there particular ones that you find yourself going to the most?  That "Burnt Red" color certainly looks the part for rusty steel exhaust manifold...

For me, usually the ones that contain soot, snow, oil, rust, metal colors. I haven’t used the burnt red or blue much. 

I finished up the swashplate today by adding the 4 ID colors to the lower PC rods connecting ends. For the color stripes, I used Interdecal. 5mm color stripes and they fit perfect.

The swashplate and M/R hub were painted a custom mix of 2 parts MM Army helo drab and 1 part MM interior black or what I now call Night Stalker black.

I then started adding the same ID color decals to the M/R hub. 

20201004_221502

20201004_221723

That's all till Saturday night. 

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

• 2 weeks later...

The hub of the MH/HH-60's are color coded red, blue, yellow and black, so when I found some decal stripes that matched the colors perfect, I thought it would give the hub and head a "WOW" factor.
If you go this route, you better have tons of patience.
All the decals went on great,  except for the PC rod and silver tracking label at the top of the rod. THEY WERE AN ABSOLUTE PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!!!!!!!
Just some paint touch ups and final gloss and flat coat and I'll be glad to call this done!

20201018_153204

That's all for now

Tim

Some work detailing up the tailwheel tonight. I painted it using my custom Night Stalker black. I painted the tire and the electrical cable tamiya rubber black.

I used a chrome molotow 1mm marker for the oleo strut and wow, I love it.

I then hit it with testors dullcote followed up by a highlighting using a white chalk pastel.

20201021_213313

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench