Richmond, Virginia IPMS Regionals RESULTS

Woody V

14 hours ago, seiran01 said:

It’s almost always a great show, I will be there with bells on! (Not literally bells unless I have a few too many on Friday evening...)

Are you vending or just attending?

Attending and bringing my Wildcat.

My days of lugging 1000 different products all over god's creation are over.

• Woody V changed the title to Richmond, Virginia IPMS Regionals LSP PHOTOS added

Just wanted to share photos of the SEVEN entries in 1/32 and larger aircraft without rigging. Frankly I was a bit surprised that there were only seven especially considering all of the newer kits available in larger scales. By contrast, there were probably 30-40 entries in the 1/48 scale. 

All-in-all it was an amazing turnout. Every table was packed with entries and you could hardly get through the vendor area for the crowds.

Regardless, there may have only been seven but the quality of the builds was much better than our club's local contest. Not sure what the results of the judging was because we packed up and left around 2 o'clock.

Enough blathering, here's the entries:

170474716.jpg

170474717.jpg

170474718.jpg

My F4F-3

170474719.jpg

170474720.jpg

170474721.jpg

170474722.jpg

8 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Frankly I was a bit surprised that there were only seven especially considering all of the newer kits available in larger scales. By contrast, there were probably 30-40 entries in the 1/48 scale.

That's always been typical of local and regional shows here; much more in 1:48 than the larger scales. I seriously doubt that will ever change.

6 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing. Any WWI/ 20S/30S aircraft?

Yea, there were about 5-7 entries in that catagory but it never even dawned on me to photograph them.

Why? Read my signature. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, jimbo said:

Nice bunch there. Wildcat is yours right Woody? Looks just super. I like that Mig 3 also. I really need to kick mine off the SOD and get it finished!

Yea, that's my Wildcat. That Mig was really nice.... quite believable, excellent paint and weathering. 

On 3/1/2020 at 2:38 PM, LSP_K2 said:

That's always been typical of local and regional shows here; much more in 1:48 than the larger scales. I seriously doubt that will ever change.

Gotta give those devils their due. They looked like little gems - hardly a bad finish in the bunch.

Edited by Archer Fine Transfers