Aussie/New Zealand A-4 Scooters

Michael931080

Hi,

Sometime ago here on the boards I was reading that someone was doing an update set for doing Aussie/New Zealand A-4 ‘Scooters’ that was going to have the corrected cockpit instrument panel and a few other bits and bobs.

What ever happened with this?  Does anyone know??

I was very interested in getting these sets.

Thanks

Yes, that is I....

All the masters are complete, instrument decals done and with a well known resin producer.  The upgrade will include all the antennas and a coaming/HUD to help you make a Kiwi scooter.  I am under the understanding it is only a couple of months off production in the cue due to previous projects being cleared through.  

I am sure you will be happy with it as there has been countless hours go into measuring the panel, HUD and antennas, not to mention all the CAD work involved.

Was a bigger project than expected and had I known would probably never have started it LOL

Keep an eye out, it wont be far now

21 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Yes, that is I....

All the masters are complete, instrument decals done and with a well known resin producer.  The upgrade will include all the antennas and a coaming/HUD to help you make a Kiwi scooter.  I am under the understanding it is only a couple of months off production in the cue due to previous projects being cleared through.  

I am sure you will be happy with it as there has been countless hours go into measuring the panel, HUD and antennas, not to mention all the CAD work involved.

Was a bigger project than expected and had I known would probably never have started it LOL

Keep an eye out, it wont be far now

Fantastic News!!!!

I'm really happy you finished this project as too many folks start and announce items that unfortunately never seem to reach the 'Finish' line.

I can honestly say that I will be definitely getting this upgrade as I have always had the proverbial 'soft spot' for anything A-4 Down Under wise!

Oh cool, thanks for that!

That was one reason I kept pressing on with the upgrade bits, because I didn't want to be one of those people who shot their mouth off on what I was going to do and never followed through. Although I still encourage people to do stuff like that, but you need to realize the work involved is a lot!

I cant wait to see it either...my Trumpeter A-4K is patiently waiting too.

Cheers Anthony

15 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Oh cool, thanks for that!

That was one reason I kept pressing on with the upgrade bits, because I didn't want to be one of those people who shot their mouth off on what I was going to do and never followed through. Although I still encourage people to do stuff like that, but you need to realize the work involved is a lot!

I cant wait to see it either...my Trumpeter A-4K is patiently waiting too.

Cheers Anthony

Hey bud ... will this stuff work on a Trumpy A-4E to A-4G conversion??

Or does the K have even more weird stuff ??

Rog :)

23 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Wasn’t the G just a stock E, the G designation only there to indicate RAN? Like the K was to indicate RNZAF before we went and made them even more badass

Apparently the RAN G was a special F build for Aus ... without the camel hump up top and a bent up refiller probe... dunno if the IP's were different tho??

Got an E because someone else has already done a RAN G build off an E ... and no hump!

Rog :)

Hi Rog

Mike is correct as far as I am aware the 'G' was a standard E/F some of the Aussie ones were even Vietnam vets.  This conversion is the RNZAF's upgrade they did with all new avionics, radar, HUD, antennas etc... 

As far as I am aware you can build an Aussie bird straight from the kit.  There are a couple of lovely builds here on LSP of RAN machines

Cheers Anthony