Flying Leathernecks 3D printed HUD - F/A-18 and AV-8B

Dave Roof

On 2/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, Dave Roof said:

Coming soon will also be the FMV Mod for the tail boom on the AH-1Z. This is a transmitter that allows troops on the ground to see what the aircrew sees through the Zulus FLIR.

What "FMV" stand for?

I second what Pete says for the Harrier, except for the more reasonable 1/32 kit. Would love to see some resin upgrades for it. As I recall you've already documented the misshapen bits and pylons in those kits. Similar to the A-7, I dumped the Harrier kit for these reasons but would in a minute pick the AV-8 up again if there were fixes available.

10 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Dave,

These are awesome! Have you considered doing these, and other parts for the ginormous Hobby Boss AV-8? I’d be on board!

cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete, we appreciate it! Not sure about the 18th scale kit, but will definitely give it some consideration.

47 minutes ago, ziggyfoos said:

What "FMV" stand for?

I second what Pete says for the Harrier, except for the more reasonable 1/32 kit. Would love to see some resin upgrades for it. As I recall you've already documented the misshapen bits and pylons in those kits. Similar to the A-7, I dumped the Harrier kit for these reasons but would in a minute pick the AV-8 up again if there were fixes available.

Full Motion Video. It allows ground units to see what is seen through the aircraft's FLIR