A-7A Corsair `Streetcar 305'

ericg

On 2/20/2020 at 7:56 PM, ericg said:

Thanks for the comments guys.

yes Ben, I have done the intake and nose cone already and have the canopy correction pending.

Great news! Please do not cut off the kit radome too quickly - I personally think the Zaco radome does not look correct at all. 

Eric it is nice to have a first hand source for info for your build. As for the load, the large Bullpups would be nice, and correct, but i don't think anyone makes them in 1/32 scale. You could go with an easy one, M-117s on each pylon as seen at the 2:00 mark of this video:

https://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675051012_USS-Ranger_ordnance-personnel_A-7A-aircraft_holding-fuse-bomb

Jari

TAC scale dynamic makes AGM-12B Bullpup in resin. Two on sale on ebay right now. no idea of the quality but they are cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAC-SCALE-DYNAMIC-RGM-12B-BULLPUP-RADIO-GUIDED-MISSILES-2-1-32-SCALE-32025/253829326907?hash=item3b1968283b:g:Y6UAAOSwc~xbJfHe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAC-Scale-Dynamics-Bullpup-Missiles-Radio-Guidied-32025-Super-Rare/233302021563?hash=item3651e255bb:g:ShMAAOSw0eNdQaO3

will follow this project which as per usual is awesome.

Cheers,

David

8 hours ago, Dukie99 said:

Those are the smaller AGM-12B Bullpup A while the ones i mentioned are the larger AGM-12C Bullpup B:

AGM-12C_Bullpup-B_missile_on_display_at_

The designations does get a bit confusing. Here is one on a A-7:

306.jpg

Jari

Edited by Finn

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Eric,

You've another great build in progress!

I do not know if any of the detail work I did on the Trumpeter A-7D kit would be helpful but here's the link.

Barry

Thanks for a link to your build Barry, much appreciated. I will check it out for inspiration.

Thanks also to everyone else for the comments. 

Some more work. The Zacto intake and nose correction was next. The aftermarket correction features a small part which blends the kit intake into the new intake lip. This required removal of a small amount of material from the front of the intake. I used Tamiya white tape as a guide to cut it off.

IMG_2318-X5.jpg

The Zacto resin requires the kit intake to be bent to meet it. You can see the difference here before it has been modified.

IMG_2320-X5.jpg

The new intake correction fits inside the fuselage nicely, but needs the sides of the intake squeezed together to modify the shape ready fo the new intake lip.

IMG_2487-X5.jpg

The  kit nose was sawed off, being careful to keep the panel around the refuelling probe intact.

IMG_2488-X5.jpg

Here is the kit intake lip compared to the resin correction. The difference is quite noticeable and I think is a necessary addition to the kit.

IMG_2492-X5.jpg

All fitted. Some filler will be required.

IMG_2496-X4.jpg

The resin parts fit very well.

IMG_2495-X5.jpg

IMG_2490-X5.jpg

First of all Thanks You for your service.

Been thinking about getting this kit myself. Not really a jet fan, however, I do like the A-7. I read about all the downfalls of this kit, how this part doesn't fit or that part doesn't fit, hows it been going so far as the kit parts themselves fitting together?

And for your kit, it looks fantastic with the aftermarket upgrades and your upgrades, keep up the great work. I will be following. 

Thanks,

Reuben