Gloster Gladiator 72 Sqn RAF 1937

quang

A wonderful finish to be sure, well done. Guys remember that the only turn buckles that can be seen on a Gladiator are on the bottom wing near the fuselage and even then just the top reverse lock nuts, all the rest re under the plates. This is not a criticism of this build, doing that does not interest me - just trying to help

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Q, did you leave off the 303 barrels in the wings? 

Yes, I purposely left off the wing guns like on a few period photos. Here an excerpt of the Squadron Signal ‘In Action’.

64-BD4-D89-DF25-47-A2-B0-CD-C316-FDD8820

2 hours ago, Pastor John said:

A wonderful finish to be sure, well done. Guys remember that the only turn buckles that can be seen on a Gladiator are on the bottom wing near the fuselage and even then just the top reverse lock nuts, all the rest re under the plates. This is not a criticism of this build, doing that does not interest me - just trying to help

I was concentrating so much on making the rigging work that the turnbuckle details must have passed me.
As a matter of fact 
I’ve never heard of turnbuckles before I started building the Glad. :blink:

Anyhow thank you so much for your heads-up, Pastor John.

Cheers,

Quang

7 hours ago, Pastor John said:

We all strive for accuracy as best we can but modelling is at heart representational. :D