mpk

Bad news.

Hey guys.

Thanks for the kind words. I had a really nice sleep and dreamed of modelling. I completed my Frank. :clap2:

About time I completed one d@₩€÷÷$ thing. :D

I await further tests. Yesterday all I wanted was out of the hospital. They all know me well and as always were wonderful.

Chances are everything will be fine. What I don't want is to be in hospital. And to top it off I have been diagnosed with PTSD. I lose track of time when in hospital. I had no idea what the weather was even like last time. By the time I got out of hospital so many new buidings had gone up. It took ages to recognise anything. 

I'm serious. I spent 6 months going "What is that???"

Clueless as ever. :D

I start playing drums at 12 today.

I am condidering playing some solo shows. There is a little improv seen here in Sydney. I went and saw a drummer basically solo for half an hour to a backing track of sound scapes. Pretty easy. One doesn't have to keep time. I now have my chops back. I should do another video. In my last I was a bit out of sorts and sucked.

Nothing changes. :P

Over the past few years I learned a lot about the body. Check it out, my hands and feet are numb, but I can feel when they're wet. No kidding. I asked a doctor why, but she just said different nerves react to different things.

That wasn't really a big help. Whadareyagonnado? 

Back to being clueless. :wacko:

I nearly lost a foot because of all that. Seiously. I developed an ulcer on a foot. I didn't know that was even possible. 6 months walking around in a moon boot. And another hospital.

Hospital is just so boring. I bet they wouldn't let me even use an airbrush. So unfair! What on earth have they got against modellers??? 

I bet my scalpels would get stolen. :ph34r:

There's nowhere to hide stuff! Not only that, but one gets constantly pushed around on bed trolleys. I know every mark on every ceiling.

Counting marks on ceilings is really boring. 

At least I won't have to get any chemo. It totally destroys taste buds. I ordered in a pizza and it tasted like cardboard. My nephew said stop that's the box! So I took a bite of the pizza and it tasted like cardboard!!!

Ya see what I mean?

Classic.

Thanks guys. :D

22 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Sorry to hear of the bad news, Dale.

Don't give up, there is always hope. For instance, there has been pretty good advances in gene therapy where they teach your body to attack the cancer cells without the poisonous chemo therapy (my wife went through that; it is not good). 

At least it sounds like you have the right attitude. Will be praying for you.

This is me ^. This was the drug trial I was on while posting here. I became Priority case # 1. I was on the trial for 19 months. The 599 others were on it for 12 months. My case was the most extreme.

This is while I was posting here. It is me.

Next week I and my doctors will try to get me on it again if necessary. 

The major issue with me is my liver. I will talk them into giving me another. No worries.

Guys, this above is why I was bonkers and had the Indane modelling thread.

All who saw it were also part of it. We, we all helped this research. You with patience and understanding, me with my refusal to die.

I am not kidding. It was the Blinotumomab drug trial.

Kind of cool, guys. 

Kudos to all of us.

13 hours ago, mpk said:

This is me ^. This was the drug trial I was on while posting here. I became Priority case # 1. I was on the trial for 19 months. The 599 others were on it for 12 months. My case was the most extreme.

This is while I was posting here. It is me.

Next week I and my doctors will try to get me on it again if necessary. 

The major issue with me is my liver. I will talk them into giving me another. No worries.

Guys, this above is why I was bonkers and had the Indane modelling thread.

All who saw it were also part of it. We, we all helped this research. You with patience and understanding, me with my refusal to die.

I am not kidding. It was the Blinotumomab drug trial.

Kind of cool, guys. 

Kudos to all of us.

I don't care if you go insane  as long as YOU ARE STILL HERE.

:wicked:  :ninja:

is that a deal Dale. :beer:

Marus my dear friend, here is my answer.  

I worked long and patiently doing this. I have been practicing weathering with only pastels and Prisma and AK pencels. 5 hours doing this. Not finished. The exhaust needs work.

Also I will likely get the drug from the trial. I am not going anywhere.  Cancer is but a temporary set back.

Even 2 cancers. :)

tI5HQg.jpg

UAmTNw.jpg

Edited by mpk

On 2/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

So sorry to hear this Dale :(

Thanks Jennings.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:19 PM, Astro32 said:

Hang in there Dale, and nice work!

Thanks Astro. Will do, and thanks.

Cheers Mike. :)

I'm gonna be alright. On the first day when I heard I was taken aback, but then it became normal. 

Hi guys.

I have news on this. The tumor behind my eye which grew and looked dangerous, is benign.

My liver is affected but happily is treatable. My initial shock has since been calmed with the knowledge it is not a danger at this time. I will be treated as an out patient with more mild medication than before. 

I learned this last week and have been so preoccupied with modellling I failed to let you all know. It is very easy for me to go directly to a worse case scenario, given my history.

I am more confident now.

Yet again much of the community has stood with me. For this I am as always very grateful. To be honest I am proud that I have been so involved with a medication that looks like being a cure. All I did was fall ill. It is the scientists and amazing doctors whom are deserving of all honors. I may indeed be able to make use of this medicine again. I meet with my care team this Wednesday. 

:bow:

Thanks Iain.

My doctor told me to try to forget my past and look forward. 

Easier said than done. I will try. To be honest, my cancer kicked the living daylights out of me. I don't want to feel that again. 

Thus far the trial drug has yet to meet a cancer it cannot defeat. My hope is that this mefication will not be politicized in the way that climate has. Hard to imagine it not being so. We are our own worst enemies at time. :crying:

Hang in there Dale.

We're all important, especially people like you who bring honest values to this mixed-up world.

Tony