1/32 Mirage 2000-5F, Kitty Hawk

jgrease

1 hour ago, Stevepd said:

As above you’re the first and it looks great, it caught my eye. Excellent spray job but on the photo looking along from the nose, the taxi/landing light panel is wonky:lol:.

Yeah - that whole assembly was fiddly. It didn't help that the nose gear had to be installed early in the build...

Real nice built. Especially on the paint job, you managed to catch the correct tone for the blue grey which is always difficult.

Few remarks: It seems you inverted the beacon with one of the antenna on the top of the fuselage: from front to aft you should have the smaller antenna (yellow), the taller one (grey), then the beacon (that is not red btw but white).

You are missing one antenna (it is on one of the vertical FIN option) on the leading edge of the vertical tail plane for a -5F.

Also -5F do not embark the PDLCT. This one goes only on D models.

But its great to see a finished model (can't wait to start mine) and you nailed it. :bow::thumbsup:

Edited by discus

1 hour ago, Collin said:

Excellent build.  I’ll have to keep your paint choices in mind when I build mine. 

I’m waiting for aftermarket decals to flourish. Looks like there are parts in the box to do everything from a plain original 2000C to a -5F??  

Cheers

Collin

The -5 instrument panel is not included in the kit.

On 2/23/2020 at 4:26 AM, discus said:

Real nice built. Especially on the paint job, you managed to catch the correct tone for the blue grey which is always difficult.

Few remarks: It seems you inverted the beacon with one of the antenna on the top of the fuselage: from front to aft you should have the smaller antenna (yellow), the taller one (grey), then the beacon (that is not red btw but white).

You are missing one antenna (it is on one of the vertical FIN option) on the leading edge of the vertical tail plane for a -5F.

Also -5F do not embark the PDLCT. This one goes only on D models.

But its great to see a finished model (can't wait to start mine) and you nailed it. :bow::thumbsup:

Thanks very much for your observations - the antennas was an error I realized too late, as well as the wrong fin tip for that version. As for the pod, I placed it because I was fitting whatever fit on the pylons after a certain point as the instructions were terrible - you literally have to test fit each item onto the pylons to find what fits. But again, thanks!

9 hours ago, jgrease said:

Thanks very much for your observations - the antennas was an error I realized too late, as well as the wrong fin tip for that version. As for the pod, I placed it because I was fitting whatever fit on the pylons after a certain point as the instructions were terrible - you literally have to test fit each item onto the pylons to find what fits. But again, thanks!

Actually, after I posted this message yesterday, I took time to study the instruction sheet (didn't do it when I first got the kit few days ago) and... OMG, what a mess. I think I never saw such a poor documentationn full of inaccuracies, wrong part numbering, etc, no color ref for some part (but they mention that the tires must be in tire black, thanks mr obvious).

If one wants to build an accurate model of any version, he will need a lot of documentation.

And aftermarket producers will be happy cause there's plenty of room for improvement.

I actually decided not to start building mine for the moment, waiting to see what's coming from AM. PE and masks from Eduard are coming in April apparently.

For the -5 we will need someone to produce the specific outer wing pylons for the Mica and additional Mica as well (can go up to six even if it is not the most common configuration used in service).

But hey... we finally got a M2000 in 1/32