HKM new rebox B-25J MTO

Jan_G

I don't know if I'll pick up another one of these or not. I have the strafer version in the stash. I built the original glass nose version. It's an awesome kit! Highly recommend. If anyone is pondering this and has never built this kit before, it's definitely worth it!

-Ro

If anyone's interested, here's my build:

10 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

Several already on eBay. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HK-MODELS-01E024-1-32-B-25J-MITCHELL-BOMBER-GLASS-NOSE-OVER-MTO-KITS/264714323037?hash=item3da234045d:g:CbAAAOSwY3VeqErC

Always surprises me how they get there before release date.  Nice box art. 

Paul C 

$260 shipped?  Wasn’t the original glass nose release only about $160?  That seems pretty high.

Just finished my motorised glass nose (original boxing) and agree with everyone who recommends building this... the wing join design is absolutely amazing and seems to be a HKM thing. The ONLY thing I disliked (hated actually) about this kit was the engine; the implementation of the engine wiring harness which involved each individual cable, and the rocker covers which despite following the instructions to the letter just didn't fit. As I was always going to display it ready to taxy it wasn't the end of the world but it'd be great if they've fixed that in this version.

8 hours ago, FreightDog said:

Just finished my motorised glass nose (original boxing) and agree with everyone who recommends building this... the wing join design is absolutely amazing and seems to be a HKM thing. The ONLY thing I disliked (hated actually) about this kit was the engine; the implementation of the engine wiring harness which involved each individual cable, and the rocker covers which despite following the instructions to the letter just didn't fit. As I was always going to display it ready to taxy it wasn't the end of the world but it'd be great if they've fixed that in this version.

Interesting. I didn't have a problem with those rocker covers though it did take me nearly two weeks to build the engines. It was a slow process. LOL!

-Ro

I too loved the kit, but didnt really like the look of the engines either, and it made it even worse looking with the way too small engine nacelle openings.   Personally I thought the too tight engine openings looked worse than the actual engines.