Sign in to follow this  
thierry laurent

Need help from one of our Brit members

Hi guys, 

I recently went back to my stalled Spitfire and Seafire kits. As I wanted to work on the canopies, I realized I had a problem with the FR47 vac ones I have. One is far too large whereas the other is not that clear. I immediately thought of the Tamiya Mk. XVI canopy. Alas, my source in Japan (Rainbow 10) stopped such a service years ago. Then I considered the Tamiya importer BUT we do not have one anymore in Belgium and I never got any reply from the French one. Finally, as I know Hobbico is giving a good service, I contacted them. I got a reply on the next day but unfortunately, their agreement with Tamiya forbids the delivery of parts out of UK. Damn it! However, they explained me they can deliver to any address in UK. So, I need someone who could act as a proxy! I would order the two sprues and ask Hobbico to send them to the brave soul who will help me. Then, it would just be a matter of forwarding the box to me. Of course I will refund all the costs. 

Thanks in advance. 

Thierry 

Happy to help Thierry providing it all happens before 23 Feb because I’m in Turkey for a fortnight after that. Let me know what you think, depends how soon you want them I guess.

Edited by mozart

Thanks very, very much!

I'm surely not in a hurry as I can focus on the Spitfires in the meanwhile. Very frankly I have no clue regarding the delivery time as I guess this essentially depends on the time required by Hobbico to get the sprues from Japan. I think we simply have to avoid taking the risk of non-delivery if you are absent. I will ask them. 

Cheers 

Thierry 

12 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Thanks very, very much!

I'm surely not in a hurry as I can focus on the Spitfires in the meanwhile. Very frankly I have no clue regarding the delivery time as I guess this essentially depends on the time required by Hobbico to get the sprues from Japan. I think we simply have to avoid taking the risk of non-delivery if you are absent. I will ask them. 

Cheers 

Thierry 

My wife will be here so non delivery isn’t a problem, and we have some very friendly post-people who leave parcels in a secure spot for us. 

When I've ordered from them in the past, including said Spitfire canopies, it's only taken a matter of days, non-delivery isn't a problem as the parcels just go to the local Post Office depot for collection, or rearrange delivery to suit. 

I would have been happy to help also. 

I have had good results ordering Tamiya sprues from Time Tunnel Models.  Don't know if they deliver abroad though.  I have got the parts in less than two weeks from them.