Unique opportunity 1/32 Andover C1

Anthony in NZ

LOL, if we weren't mad enough to buy one, we'll be mad by the time we build it LOL

On 4/11/2020 at 4:19 PM, fastterry said:

I reckon that there's a global mental health team writing down all your names (you know who you are) and at the right time will gather you up and put you in a funny farm. I mean of all the planes in all the world you had to pick this one. Sheesh.:whistle:

On 4/10/2020 at 9:19 PM, fastterry said:

I reckon that there's a global mental health team writing down all your names (you know who you are) and at the right time will gather you up and put you in a funny farm. I mean of all the planes in all the world you had to pick this one. Sheesh.:whistle:

I don't know. My wife and family feels that way about any 1/32nd plane I buy...

Of course I don't mind!  

Hmmmm, I have thought about it,  to do as a Mt Cook Airlines one as well.  But I just cannot afford it in the foreseeable future just yet for me. Don't get me wrong I would love one!

I am going to do an email out to you guys who pulled together with me about the kit and shipping.  I have been chatting with Toshihiko today.

Thanks to those of you who responded and made this a reality!! A kit that will surely be unique when you get it.

Cheers Anthony

Sorry mate - of course there's no saying when mine will finally arrive - and whether I need to collect it from the postal depot - which might have it's own challenges.

*If* mine arrives first then I'll take photos and post a mini review - before making a start whilst my enthusiasm levels are high.   :)

If it goes up to the stash it may just sit there, like so many other projects! :deadhorse:

Iain

They seem to be coming from him quite quickly, I've ordered the YS-11EB in 1/48th this month and already have it (sadly, it's at my brothers though as he bought one also and a 748). Hopefully with everything that's going on, you'll have it fairly soon once it's printed. 

2 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

He has given the dimensions on his FB page.  Length 743mm, wingspan 936..:blink:

Indeed - it's a fair size - slightly longer than a B-17 and wingspan just a few feet shorter...

Going to be an impressive piece! B)

Is everyone going to dive in?

Would be nice to have a Group Build thing going on - can encourage each other and help out with fixes and details...

Iain

14 minutes ago, Iain said:

Is everyone going to dive in?

Would be nice to have a Group Build thing going on - can encourage each other and help out with fixes and details...

Iain

It would be good! Not sure yet if I will dive in. Might consider cadding up and printing some detail parts first. Open to suggestions! 

What a great topic! well done Anthony and you guys for making this a reality - I look forward to seeing the various builds in progress in the future.

For me, I would like a YS-11 to fullfil my Olympic Airlines/Hellenic air Force itch! ;)

28257.jpg

1016592-large.jpg

Derek

Edited by Derek B

8 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

It would be good! Not sure yet if I will dive in. Might consider cadding up and printing some detail parts first. Open to suggestions! 

Indeed - props/spinners and wheels?

3 minutes ago, Derek B said:

What a great topic! well done Anthony and you guys for making this a reality - I look forward to seeing the various builds in progress in the future.

For me, I would like a YS-11 to fullfil my Olympic Airlines/hellenic air Force itch! ;)

Derek

Toshihiko may be up for printing in 1:32 Derek!

Failing that he does 1:48...

Iain