Unique opportunity 1/32 Andover C1

Anthony in NZ

On 3/28/2020 at 7:22 AM, Stevepd said:

I asked earlier in the thread if the order book was still open as I’d rather have this than any rendition of a big Lancaster. However have just spent £3683 on a major service and some rectification work to my car, I just cannot justify the cost;)

I've spent less than that buying a car, let alone servicing it. Did you have it resprayed in 24 carat gold? Or reupholstered with Dodo feathers?

32 minutes ago, Radders said:

Ladislav is in the UK. 

Sounds like a village somewhere in North Wales.

10 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I've spent less than that buying a car, let alone servicing it. Did you have it resprayed in 24 carat gold? Or reupholstered with Dodo feathers?

Sounds like a village somewhere in North Wales.

I've spent less than that on a car. In fact, zero. Never owned a car..... 

:ph34r:

43 minutes ago, mozart said:

He's a motorcyclist, though I'm sure his wife gives him a lift occasionally in her car!

I can't imagine having kids and no car?!

If it was a straight choice, I'd take the car. Every time.

Much cheaper, dependable, retains some value, doesn't answer back, can be swapped for a different model, doesn't ask for money, doesn't leave piles of washing and you can even chose the colour.

• 2 weeks later...

Bits coming off the printer...looks pretty good!   Oh I have exceeded my bandwidth apparently, sorry for the watermark!  But my account is public access and you should see the images on there without them, and other model/aircraft crap LOL

92579255_1252821991580796_16396056593285

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Excited for the three or perhaps four of you that will buy this.  The Dart however is awesome.  I cut my teeth in aviation on the Dart in 1984 working for a corporate venue that flew a Gulfstream G-1,  That awesome dart was older than me and I totally respected that fact.  Damn that thing was loud!   I can recall pulling 28 piñata’s out of that lovely a\c.  I also loaded enough ammunition to start a small war for a .....hunting trip once.  Corporate aviation.  Goat to Loved it.  

Carry on.  

5 hours ago, fastterry said:

I reckon that there's a global mental health team writing down all your names (you know who you are) and at the right time will gather you up and put you in a funny farm. I mean of all the planes in all the world you had to pick this one. Sheesh.:whistle:

Sanity is soo overrated!  :)

10 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Bits coming off the printer...looks pretty good!   Oh I have exceeded my bandwidth apparently, sorry for the watermark!  But my account is public access and you should see the images on there without them, and other model/aircraft crap LOL

92579255_1252821991580796_16396056593285

Looks good, doesn't it!

Pity he's done the blades/spinner as one part - makes a big difference. Suspect I'll cut the spinner away leaving the blades as one part to be cleaned up - and either CAD  a new spinner, or turn up a new master on the lathe...

Iain