Unique opportunity 1/32 Andover C1

Anthony in NZ

I see on Facebook that Toshihiko has started the breakdown into separate printable items - so not too far off being asked for payment I suspect.

One of his Japanese customers asked about separate control surfaces on the 1:72 and 1:48 kits - using the Facebook translation tool it appears the answer was a no - but Toshihiko then added: "The 1/32-Spec HS 780 will make el-Ron and elevator to be separated."

So - we might get that - and crossing fingers on separate prop/spinner.

But both control surfaces and props are a nicety - and I doubt anyone will be too troubled if they come solid.

The anticipation is building - and I'm ready to drop a lot of things to make a start...  :)

Iain

It's a funny thing - probably because I thought we'd never, ever, see anything like this in 1:32 - but knowing it's actually on it's way has got me like a child anticipating Christmas...

It ticks soo many boxes - unusual subject - imposing size - great detailing possibilities - great schemes and very limited production.

Is it ready yet?  :lol::whistle:

And I'll keep blaming that Anthony bloke for leading us astray, my modelling world was trundling along quite normally until he had to go and create a disturbance in the force... :deadhorse:

It's also given me a kick up the backside with regard to learning Rhino 3D modelling software.

Iain

With apologies for bombarding Anthony's thread - but I know not everyone is on Facebook - and, besides, I find the process fascinating...

Toshihiko's post from about 40 mins ago - breaking down parts for printing (not sure if any differences for the 1:32 print):

48b427_74171612b3914da78a2c6b985bd1c340~

Iain (about to enter the Dark Side)

Hahaha, sorry guys, my world financially was upturned too!

Mr Shimizu told me last night in an email that he will re-do CAD in 1/32 in many areas for our 4 kits.  Breakdown of the 1/32 parts will be done very soon and the 4 of us will get an update on what the best price he can do for us and invoice for kits early next month...not far now.

Selling my firstborn was a good decision LOL

Edited by Anthony in NZ