Unique opportunity 1/32 Andover C1

Anthony in NZ

14 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

This looks to be a nice kit. If I'm not that interested in the Andover, I would not resist to an electronic warfare JSDAF YS-11EA or EB... 

So, if you're finally aware of such a release, please ring the bell! 

Thierry 

Will do mate!

They’re 3d printed on an FDM (plastic) printer, the main drawback is that you need to do surface prep to smooth out the surfaces which will be time consuming on a model this large. My friend has one of the models this guy has printed and it actually looks a lot nicer than I was expecting it to. Still a lot of work, but a very solid model 

20 minutes ago, Iain said:

From his Ebay account:

Short L.17 Scylla

Handley Page HP.42W

Others can be seen here.

HTH,

Iain

I tried to set up an EBay account to sell some of my un-wanted kits (all non LSP) and within 10 minutes my account was suspended 'becausse of my browse history).

Needles to say I will no longer even consider doing business through that site.

ETPS Boscombe Down is what I’m thinking. I’ve done a 1/72 version some years ago now. It was on display in the Salisbury model centre. Somebody wanted to reverse engineer it to make a mould but I couldn’t let them do it. It’s now intact in the BD Museum at Old Sarum.

6 hours ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Would be nice if I could see his work other then attempting to use farcebook or fleabay.:(

can anyone pm me his contact details or link me to a useful website where I can make contact re some of his other kits in 1:48?

Tomorrow when I have a final number (3 so far) I will email him with you and Mike copied in.  So we can discuss the kit in 1/32.  He is looking for details of the kneeling set-up on the main undercarriage and rear cargo bay details as he wants to add a lot more detail in this kit.

Cheers Anthony

OK...

I've slept on it.

I've taken advice from someone that has a few of these kits - taken advice from a good friend that's a bit of a 3D print expert - searched the web for photo's/schemes - realised there's an Andover on display at RAF Cosford - revisited the xe.com currency converter a few times - checked bank balance.

These aircraft have a long association with where I live - Oxfordshire - and entered service the year I was born - so the tea-leaves are in alignment - perhaps.  :)

I'm in - as long as costs don't go up (exchange rate fluctuations excepted).

Could make a stunning model - either 115 Sqn - or ETPS - if my skills are up to it.

48b427_d5a6c5f87beb4d6e8cc1e36bc94548a0~

Got to be easier than a vac-form - and I'm not a big fan of complete resin kits - this will be something new for me, and the CAD shapes do look good.

But would much prefer it all printed in HIPS rather than ABS.

Don't need anything in way of markings - just the printed parts.

So - 4 kits now?

A mini Group Build perhaps, so we can crack on and encourage each other - rather than have them as loft insulation?  ;)

Sending PM Anthony.

Iain