Stopped at the LHS after work and found the MPC reboxing of the old Airfix Do-17E, in 72nd scale of course. I built this kit when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I've forgotten what a surprisingly good kit this is! Needs decals though. I poked around on the 'net but I didn't find much, and I wonder if there's any detailing goodies for it? I'll build it no matter what, and maybe display it on my desk or throw it in my fish tank or something. This'll be the first 72nd kit I've worked on in over 30 years, and it's brought back a ton of memories. Good times.

Got the wings & tail feathers glued up. Next up will be doing the surprisingly well done interior. I did find that a mudguard for the main gear is missing. Horrors! I'll have to break out my Mattel Vac-Form machine to make replacements.

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

Thanks Lee. They did a 1/72 Sunderland. Were they any good? Did they repop Airfix kits?

Hi Mike, yes they were Airfix repops. Got on Ebay after I posted that, 'accidently' purchased the he-177 kit I wanted as a kid but never got. :)

23 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

I would like to see IBG, ICM, or HK do the Do 17 in our scale. Nice looking plane.

I'd give up a kidney for a '17 in 32nd scale. If Airfix could get the shape right back then, it could certainly be done now. Considering how versatile that basic airframe was, there'd be a huge number of possibilities for subjects.