1/32 Revell Hawker Tempest V

Sage the Owl

Just came across this piece of info thats backed up by Valiant wings FB page stating that you may want to purchase their book to compliment it.

I've not seen anything mentioned here about it and i did a search but nothing came up.

I wonder if this is a rebox of the Special Hobby kit or a new mould ?

https://www.jumbliesmodels.com/plastic-kits-c3/aviation-kits-c4/revell-1-32-hawker-tempest-v-aircraft-model-kit-p16824/s17184?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7_ur-8fK5wIVF-DtCh19IAHOEAQYASABEgJhVfD_BwE

No photo description available.

3 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

IIRC. This is the kit that according to some has a nose intake accuracy problem.  Just so you know that a potential disaster lurks. LOL

Rick

Barracuda already has a fix for that.

The SH Tempest's surface detail is much finer and more comprehensive than the PCM kit's.

Should such considerations be important to you.

I have the Barracuda nose correction set, but I doubt if 1 in 10 would notice the difference.

Of course, if Revell included a small re-mastered nose sprue that would be ideal.

2 hours ago, Chek said:

The SH Tempest's surface detail is much finer and more comprehensive than the PCM kit's.

I have the Barracuda nose correction set, but I doubt if 1 in 10 would notice the difference.

Of course, if Revell included a small re-mastered nose sprue that would be ideal.

I'm one of the 9 out of 10, so I'm building mine OOB.

1 hour ago, Sage the Owl said:

If this is indeed a rebox of the Special Hobby kit, both the Hi-Tech & basic versions are still available on their web site so how does this benefit them as the Revell price will be undercutting them surely ?

The same question could be asked of Revell’s reboxing of the Italeri Mirage IIIE/R kit.  It’s half the price of the Italeri kit, which is still available.  Revell deleted the small PE fret, but the plastic is identical.

5 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I don’t expect we’re going to see *any* more new tooling from Revell going forward.  Reboxes of other brands and reissues of existing tooling, but that’s it.

Didn’t Revell announce a new tool 1/48 SR-71 at the recent Nuremberg show?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-tbd-sr-71-blackbird--1265498

8 hours ago, Chek said:

I never had the SH kit, and never will, but I do recall some fuss about the nose area being off in some way or another.