Help! Part needed for Airfix 1/24 FW-190 kit

chris2962

OXqHMAh.jpghow can i continue to build my 1/24 FW 190 A-5 /A-6 from airfix if they say the part i request is no longer available ? and so is the kit , all i need is part 38 which is to fix the engine to the frame, is there a chance that somebody might help me , kind regards chris.

Edited by chris2962
Edited title to get better response

Hi Chris,

I know you posted this earlier in the traders board, but with minimal posts, I don't believe you could see them, since our members in new status are temporarily limited in what they can see until they get a few posts under their belt.

Hopefully now that you posted outside the traders board, you'll be able to see any responses for the help you need.   BTW, I have also moved this over to LSP discussion where it probably fits better.   

And yes..........................Mini Panthers ARE Pawsome! 

20190419_185757-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc/i-TSpZFnr/0/c47fd66b/XL/20190317_140304-XL.jpg

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, chris2962 said:

how can i continue to build my 1/24 FW 190 A-5 /A-6 from airfix if they say the part i request is no longer available ? and so is the kit , all i need is part 38 which is to fix the engine to the frame, is there a chance that somebody might help me , kind regards chris.

Hello Chris,

To give your request a maximum exposure:

– Choose your forum carefully. I'm suggesting 'LSP Discussion' forum.

– State your question clearly in the title, something like 'Help! Need a part in Airfix 1/24 FW-190 kit'

– Include an illustration/photo of the part you need in your post so that a casual reader knows what you're looking for.

HTH

Quang

8 minutes ago, quang said:

Hello Chris,

To give your request a maximum exposure:

– Choose your forum carefully. I'm suggesting 'LSP Discussion' forum.

– State your question clearly in the title, something like 'Help! Need a part in Airfix 1/24 FW-190 kit'

– Include an illustration/photo of the part you need in your post so that a casual reader knows what you're looking for.

HTH

Quang

I actually had the same thoughts Quang. I did move the OPs topic to LSP discussion as noted above as I too thought it would be better served here. 

I also agree about the topic title and picture. As Chris previously posted in the traders board but did not have enough posts under his belt to see it after posting, I blieve D posted a pic of the part.

With Chris hopefully ok with it I will upload the picture D uploaded earlier and add the title tic too.  

As I mentioned in my response to the original post in Traders Forum, I could laser-cut the basic shape out of acrylic very easily. Just need someone to send a good photo or sketch of the original part if someone has it in their stash. If taking photos add a good ruler to the shots to help suss out the dimensions/scale etc. And thickness is important as well. The “bumpy-outy” parts could be easily added separately. Anyone have this kit in their stash willing to help?

jimbo

ps I don’t charge for stuff like this - it’s a “pay-it-forward” deal for me :-)

Surely someone has this kit in their stash and can take some measurements and photos of Part 38 to help me help this chap?

Looking at the instructions online, it is a critical part as the engine bearer struts (? - parts 47-48-49-50) mount into the 4 holes seen in the view posted above. So I can’t even make an educated guess and spitball it for Chris. Even if I just had the measurements from hole to hole, vertically and horizontally it would go a long way to a starting point for a CAD drawing. We could figure the rest out through trial and error and from him measuring the assembled engine. 

To you Chris, I say press on, get that engine assembled and failing anyone else having the part we can probably get there eventually. You may have to go as far also as getting the cockpit tub/firewall assembly done. Those engine bearer struts mount to the firewall and that may help to size things up. I’m trying my best here :-)

Anyone? Hello?

jimbo