Hasagawa new tool 1/32..... in April

BarryWilliams

Especially as Trumpeter never made a TA-4J. I built mine in 1981 as a Blue Angel, and would love to see it come out again

(but suspect the moulds were permanently tampered with to make the OA-4M release, and I don't know how easy it is to backdate that mongrol to a Scooter trainer).

Tony

Hi,

The TA-4J molds were not altered. This is also why you need to do some surgery to add the OA-4M parts. So no problem at that level.

When I got another TA-4J, I also got a cheap Trumpeter A-4E as I'm not willing to rescribe again a Skyhawk. This was one of the most boring tasks I have ever done. So, I will just use the cockpit area of the Hasegawa kit as conversion parts for the Trumpy kit!

Thierry

On 13 February 2020 at 11:27 AM, thierry laurent said:

Hi,

The TA-4J molds were not altered. This is also why you need to do some surgery to add the OA-4M parts. So no problem at that level.

When I got another TA-4J, I also got a cheap Trumpeter A-4E as I'm not willing to rescribe again a Skyhawk. This was one of the most boring tasks I have ever done. So, I will just use the cockpit area of the Hasegawa kit as conversion parts for the Trumpy kit!

Thierry

That's good news. The TA-4J hasn't been repopped for twenty years, the single seater only sixteen years ago. Maybe it will follow? 

Your strategy is good. My Trumpeter A-4F similarly has the NLG parts from an old Hasegawa, one area where the Japanese offering was so vastly superior to the Chinese editions.

cheers,

Tony 

2 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

It´s possible....

I have just done exactly that.....

35462112674_f3f3d93d81_c.jpg

24418817538_3c47ce067d_c.jpg

... It certainty requires a lot of cutting and fettling indeed, but it´s doable!

Cheers!

Stefan

Doable for sure but surely not easy. I had a look at that when I was building a OA-4M.