1:32 Bf109 G-6 Franz Stigler aircraft

Smokey

Hey every one.  I just got done reading the book A Higher Call.  I don't know anything about German Bf109 aircraft.  I am wanting to do Franz Stigler's Yellow 2 aircraft.  The only thing after a quick search here and on the internet is that I know it was a Bf109 G-6.  I turned to look at my favorite hobby stores online to see what is offered.  I see that Trumpeter made a early and late version.  I have two questions.

1.   What was Stigler's Bf109?  A early or a late version

2.   Will the Trumpeter kits need much conversion / scratch building to make Stigler's aircraft?

Thanks

Dan

Thanks everyone.  yes I did see and I'm following "The Large Scary Project" of Chrish.  Thought I would just trying a hand at having  Stigler's Bf109 sitting on a small diorama base of grass.  Look's like the Revell kit gives you the option of both early and late.  From what I have unearth for information it looks like maybe Stigler's was a early one.  But will start gathering up a few aftermarket items and start a build soon.

Dan

Do it!!

Just my opinion on the Revell kit...The parts breakdown is kind of odd, not saying it's a bad kit, I liked it! But, (in my case) needs filler in some strange places. As well (noted in reviews)  the supercharger intake should/can be replaced as well as the cowl gun blisters. The blisters are (when compared to Hasegawa and Baracudacast) undersize.  The cockpit is very nice, the build options are great, but the landing gear is to scale and will not (again, in my case) support the weight of the model. 

I had a bit of difficulty determining if Franz' 109 had yellow 2 II Gruppe, yellow 2 III Gruppe or white 2 II/III Gruppe...so I went with a photo of him taken beside the machine talking to his wife and the image on the book's cover art. Let me know if you find something out and if I'm wrong. Not that it's fixable now but good to know....still have another G-6 in the stash.