1/32 WNW Pfalz D.IIIa

HotWaffle

Put the finishing touches on the interior. I've left off the guns to make painting easier.

qHyRg0X.jpg?1

a0O2rpK.jpg?1

AIc9srD.jpg?1

A better view of the pipes aft of the engine...

DYaOjYG.jpg?1

... and in the sidewalls.

iLPrRBp.jpg?1

I didnt put in too much work into the synch gear bits, as they'll be covered up almost completely.

kZoSI9h.jpg?1

uve1XNd.jpg?2

Onto gluing it all together.

I wrangled with the gap filling for a bit.

H34oaIN.jpg

It took a few tries to get it right, but I eventually got there. Once I did, I put the tail on and masked the interior stuff.

0cn5n9J.jpg?1

Meanwhile, I primed and put down the first grey marble coat on the control surfaces and bits that are going to be painted straight aluminum.

Qad5K5v.jpg?2

This was followed by a light white marble coat.

36yrk51.jpg?2

And then the aluminum and dope coats.

UAb8wcL.jpg

The marbling doesnt show up super well on my phone, but it has a nice subtle effect IRL.

Priming finished.

d9hcUsi.jpg?1

I printed out part of the skin for Flying Circus on some decal paper, using it as a template for masks and a measuring guide.

vK58psK.jpg?1

Masks on.

rCf3ooS.jpg

Paint on, masks off. There a re a few odd spots that will require some careful touchups.

LezcSfK.jpg

Inbetween all of this, I painted up the prop used XF-59 as a base color followed by drawing in the grain with a pair of watercolor pencils. I'm not satisfied with the color, so I'm giving it another go using XF.57 as the base color.

xY9YS98.jpg?2

Edited by HotWaffle

So I have to admit, I opened this thread and got the last post first and was like. Holy cow, his first LSP is made of wood?! 
Then went back to appreciate all the work so far and read up to here, that's some _very_ nice work on that prop wood effect!

Had me fooled for a second there!!