1/32 Tamiya F4U-1a Corsair - Boyington's 17740

Thunnus

On 2/8/2020 at 12:46 PM, Warbird said:

Spectacular, well done!

Thanks Warbird!

21 hours ago, ChuckT said:

What a gorgeous build. I’m really becoming a big fan of your work and can’t wait for some updates in the other WIP’s.

Keep up the great work,

Chuck.

Thanks Chuck!  I'm trying to get some momentum on the other two builds and I'll be posting some updates soon!

17 hours ago, Miloslav1956 said:

Excellent work!

Thanks Miloslav!  I appreciate it!

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Great to see it finished, though I thoroughly enjoyed the build, so much to enjoy; subject, markings, execution, and I don't think I've seen a better model.

Thank you Kagemusha!  One of my favorite movies, BTW!  I'm a big Nakadai Tatsuya fan. 

It was a fun one!  Mostly because the Tamiya kit is so well engineered that most of the things I normally associate with "modeling" such as trimming, sanding, filling and sanding were minimized and I was able to concentrate on other things for a change.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:12 PM, LSP_Ray said:

Wow! Beautiful model, outstanding weathering!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks Ray!  It was a very enjoyable build.  Sorry it to so long to complete!

20 hours ago, ChuckT said:

Looking forward to the updates in the other builds!

Yes, I'm able to devote more time to the Ta152H-0 and Bf109G-6/AS builds now. 

12 hours ago, Robthepom said:

good grief thats beautiful, congratulations what a build

Thank you Rob!  The finished photos were taken with a Canon 5DMkIV/EF24-105f/4L IS.  No flash, no external light sources... just ambient outdoor lighting.

10 hours ago, Subodai said:

I don't even have words. What a stunning piece of craftmanship. We are not worthy

Thank you!  Yes, we are all worthy!  I'm just like everyone else here... someone who enjoys to build plastic models!  I'm glad to have a community that I can share and learn from.

On 2/11/2020 at 6:59 PM, Uncarina said:

Outstanding attention to detail, color, weathering, and authenticity! That belongs in a museum. You’ve shown just how good the Tamiya kit can become.

Cheers,  Tom

19 hours ago, ModelCellar said:

That is EXCELLENT !!   The shading, the weathering, the paint chipping...  ALL excellent.  

Paul

17 hours ago, AlbertD said:

Incredible model. A true inspiration. 

Thank you for the nice comments!  The Tamiya kit is indeed outstanding and, as far as I am concerned, befitting of the title of the best model kit available today.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Agreed!I missed the RFI on this one and it was worth the wait. Super impressive! 

Thanks for waiting, Brian!  The Tamiya kit gave me no problems whatsoever so even though I took a break from modeling this summer, I KNEW in the back of my mind that it would be completed for sure.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:15 AM, Palm-tree said:

Very nice recreation of the real aircraft, 3D historical art at it’s best.

Thank you!  Modeling is a very educational exercise and I learned alot as I went through this build.  Like the realization that this aircraft had no cockpit floor!

On 2/16/2020 at 12:45 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

Very cool, Kevin!  Thanks for publishing it!