What is this inside the Ju88A-4 nose?

Very hard thing to find.  It made me curious because I'd never seen one before.   IN this pic there is a shadow where it should be.  But not helpful in the normal sense of the word.

Junkers-Ju-88A4-2.KG54-(B3+EK)-Italy-194

Mebbe it was only used when the MG=15 was in the lower chin possi?

The guns in the A-4 were belt fed MG81s (and the MG81Z in the C-stand), so they needed ammo boxes and feed chutes.  Whether the front MG81 was in the lower nose, or in the common position of the right side of the windscreen, it still needed an ammo box somewhere, so I’m guessing the location of the ammo box in the kit could be used for either position.

47 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

There's a multi-page thread here on details of the Ju 88A-1, but I don't know if what you seek is there or not, nor how similar/dissimilar the two may actually be.

I think the A-1 is different.  It used MG15s with the saddle drums.  To their credit, Revell did change the weapons and cockpits between the two kits.  The A-1 cockpit has stacks of saddle drums around the cockpit whereas the A-4 kit has large ammo boxes instead.

I guess Radu is right. I also thought about an ammo container having seen the  hanlde on the kit´s instruction.

Found this here on alarmy:

PD6H3T-1-XL.jpg

Here is a closer view of how it is attached to the front canopy:

PD6H3T-1%20close-Ti.jpg

Seems it makes use of the same triangular attachment brackets as did the compass on the A-1. I had to scratch this in my build.

HTH

Edited by Wurzacher