New books by HMH Publications: Harrier II & MiG-31 Foxhound

Nic C.D.

The first two books for 2020 in the Duke Hawkins series will be released in a few weeks and if it is okay, I'd like to post a few images of these here.

The first is ref DH-011 and is a 140 page book on the Harrier II. It will show both the RAF/RN version - GR.7 and GR.9 and T.12 - and the American versions - Night Attack and radar-equipped Harrier II Plus - in use with the USMC and the Spanish and Italian Navy.  

Here's the cover:

540.jpg

It includes every detail of the aircraft, as well as a lot of action. We actually went to the Spanish Aircraft Carrier Juan Carlos I for 4 days and got loads of action and detail there. 

Here's a view of two pages on the cockpit of the backseat of a T.12:

540.jpg

The second new book (DH-012) is something really special: a 108 page book on the MiG-31 Foxhound. Earlier, the book on the MiG-29 proved to be very popular, so we tried to get more Russian built jets. The MiG-31 is a huge aircraft and we were very lucky to get this close to the jet. This is the cover:

540.jpg

Fuselage, wings, landing gear, landing gear bay, engines, different types of cockpit, weapons, maintenance and a lot of great action, including some great air-to-air photographs! Here are a few samples:

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

I hope it's okay to post this here. Thanks for watching!

Nic

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on the upcoming MiG-31 book. Good news: because we have so much interesting material on the jet, we decided to add 8 more pages to this book. And even better news: it doesn't change the price: it remains 22 euro. For those interested, we've got a few other Russian jets in preparation!

Nic 

• 2 months later...

And they arrived today!! Took longer than expected to get them, but the printers work with only 25% of the usual crew.

540.jpg

540.jpg

It's always cool to have the books delivered and start building a model of these jets! Such a shame there's isn't a MiG-31 in 1/32. Could be such an awesome kit! I've been thinking about scratching a MiG-31, but at over 70 cm long in 1/32, it's probably too big of a challenge for me. 

And we've already busy on the next few books! Something more triangular...

Nic 

1 hour ago, Nic C.D. said:

And they arrived today!! Took longer than expected to get them, but the printers work with only 25% of the usual crew.

540.jpg

540.jpg

It's always cool to have the books delivered and start building a model of these jets! Such a shame there's isn't a MiG-31 in 1/32. Could be such an awesome kit! I've been thinking about scratching a MiG-31, but at over 70 cm long in 1/32, it's probably too big of a challenge for me. 

And we've already busy on the next few books! Something more triangular...

Nic 

When will these go out???  Can hardly wait!!!

The books are going out right now! Should be a couple of days before they arrive at the shops, but they're here! 

The next books aren't on the F-117 or the Draken, but those are great ideas, Kagemusha. I'd love to do one on the F-117, but not sure how to get get to photos of that one, especially for the cockpit and maintenance chapters. The next 3 books in this series all have 1/32 scale kits, so that's something!

Nic

• 2 weeks later...

I got my new books yesterday and they are awesome as always!!! Can´t wait to see whats next. I hope for more russian stuff like Su-24, 25, 27/30/35 and helos like Mi-8, 17, 28 and Ka-52.

I have made tons of Ka-52 detail shots in Kubinka last year if there is an Interest.