Airfix 1/24 F6F Hellcat kit going price stateside?

phasephantomphixer

7 minutes ago, williamj said:

Have a feeling this wasn't the big hit Airfix was counting on,Now had they re-tooled up a Spit MkII wouldn't be able to keep on the shelves.

But what do I know eh?

because schemes of dark blue all over don't exactly set the juices flowing

but i agree on the Spit

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

because schemes of dark blue all over don't exactly set the juices flowing

but i agree on the Spit

Exactly the reason I never even considered trying to get one. Now if and when they ever do the -3, I'll simply have to have one of those. The same thing happened to me with the Tamiya Corsairs, the birdcage version does absolutely nothing at all for me, but the next release, the -1A, was a highly desirable kit to me that I now have one of here in my stash.

12 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Exactly the reason I never even considered trying to get one. Now if and when they ever do the -3, I'll simply have to have one of those. The same thing happened to me with the Tamiya Corsairs, the birdcage version does absolutely nothing at all for me, but the next release, the -1A, was a highly desirable kit to me that I now have one of here in my stash.

X2

20 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

I don't see any other WWII Brit subject worth doing in 1/24 other than the Mossie, Hurri and Spitty.

I would like to see a Beaufighter and Swordfish, but won't hold my breath.

Speaking of the Mosquito, getting one of the big Airfix kits is still something that I eventually intend to do. I think a big Lysander would be cool too, though I have no real idea how popular that might be. Airfix could also give us some big 109's and Fw 190's, and those would probably sell big time, I'd think.