1/48 Revell Eurofighter - the GHOST TIGER glow in the dark

bushande

Most sincere thanks for the kind feedback and the nice coments.

I thought about the easy way of printing the Tiger dress on GITD fail but even the thines (and most expensive) available is waaaaaaaaayyyy too thick for such a small model, even for 1/32 it would be. It would have buried pretty much the whole model; absolutely inaccepable.

I played around with Revell's ominous GITD color and it prooved to be a really nasty thing to work with but after some time of playing around with it and deluding it properly I even managed to spray it on. The particles are very rough and big but with enough delusion and tenacious and careful sanding and polishing you can achieve a fairly smooth surface with it and to my surprise it does glow quite intensely mind you! So long story short the color is beneath the decals. i wouldn't dare painting over the decals.

• 2 weeks later...

That's really cool.

What is the display rod anchored into in the fuselage?  I assume you filled the otherwise mostly hollow fuselage halves with something solid to anchor that rod.  Just wondering how you did it. 

The "stand" for in flight display is great, as is the airplane! 

• 2 months later...

Many many thanks once again for the kind feedback and the praise. Most undeserved but just as much appreciated hehehe.

Please excuse my late reply. Life at the moment has it that I am only able to log in to the forum every few weeks sadly.

The rod is actually an old welding wire of 3mm thickness just polished up a notch. I am usually using this for all my in-flight models. I went the easy way anchoring it in the fuselage to take it off if I have to. I just glued an about a third inch thick plastic block into the fuselage into which I drilled the whole for the rod. Put a little magnet at the end of it to give it more stability and voilá holds just fine.

Many many thanks once again gentlemen.

Edited by bushande