PR.XI & Mk.Vc - Revell Mk.IXc & Mk.IIa kits

Wackyracer

Primed and test fit

qVxqIAT.jpg

Scratch built the storage rack for the extra oxygen bottles and stratched 2 more from sprue and plasticard. Beige one is from a hasegawa kit. Revell ones are only 75% round and hollow. Will add the tubes once installed and painted.

J8gdPEI.jpg

Edited by Wackyracer

• 1 month later...

Apology's for the lack of updates, as with the majority of us I've been in lockdown since 27th March. During this time been working on an "isolated GB" on another forum.

Anyway, back to the PR Spit. After some time toing and froing with the pilot decided to go without and dug out a Barracuda seat for this build. The pilot was going to hide quite a bit of the extra work I'd put into the pit so in some ways defeated the object of all the work.

I'm also still awaiting the PE parts from Alley Cat for marking the camera bay positions. Somewhat frustrating to say the least as I have all the resin bits just no PE, despite several emails.

I will probably have to 'freestyle' the camera bays on this one, otherwise it will never be done.

NfUpc7Z.jpg

myCIpZH.jpg

DgvLTWc.jpg

DXJWPlF.jpg

zubUdeC.jpg

cCTMJm5.jpg

Added some washes to dirty it up a bit and now about to dig out some belts and install the oxygen bottles on the rear shelf.

Aaron

Does the paint have that pattern in the surface of it? or is that some function/result of some kind of noise filter or effect added to the photo?

If the former.. how did you acheive that?

2 minutes ago, Subodai said:

Does the paint have that pattern in the surface of it? or is that some function/result of some kind of noise filter or effect added to the photo?

If the former.. how did you acheive that?

I think its just the light source and camera when zoomed in. 

O8q864a.jpg?1

this is taken without zoom. The pieces are resin and the tiny surface detail gets magnified when you crop in with a phone camera. Also the resolution gets reduced (enhancing the patterns) when going from phone to server to forum etc.

Nice to see progress on your recon Spit!

8 hours ago, Wackyracer said:

I'm also still awaiting the PE parts from Alley Cat for marking the camera bay positions. Somewhat frustrating to say the least as I have all the resin bits just no PE, despite several emails.

I have an Alley Cat PR conversion with the PE parts in my stash - I could scan them and/or draw vector graphics for cutting templates with a Silhouette.

Cheers

Joachim

Starting to motor now...

Belts and seat installed along with retaining wires. Just added a bit of sprue towards the rear end then wrapped the wires around. Hardly visible now buttoned up but just a little detail.

Sqz5Ke8.jpg

J36FhXU.jpg

Also added the 3 oxygen bottles to the scratched rack.

hOip08c.jpg

qLeB6sd.jpg

Buttoned up the fuselage last night.

wTK46Yj.jpg

H9HBkfR.jpg

KKYeisM.jpg

LXQhEPX.jpg

VdHYW7O.jpg

Couple of mm of wire!

QZwvXCN.jpg

Pit looks good to my mind

tvYrSiy.jpg

Cl4fMXk.jpg

6a9IWsY.jpg

Wings are a almost perfect drop fit!

cjcJzwY.jpg

ZY4vS1V.jpg

FjelBX6.jpg

kYV6K5h.jpg

Soon be time for paint!

Aaron

TBH I've been avoiding this part where ever possible... Vac canopy! Having never dealt with one before its been a daunting task. Plus when the canopy doesn't even fit that's added stress. Anyway, after much toing and froing I elected to go with the majority of the MK.II front frame to give the vac piece a structure and hopefully pull it into place.

First stage was removing the existing glazing, which was again a scary process. Drilling around the frame...

DgNmu5G.jpg

1jiuMyh.jpg

Test fit to the fuselage.

J8Wvxnt.jpg

I then glued the vac piece to the framework with tiny drops of CA. it was the only way I could get the vac piece to conform to the framework. I still need to find a method to fill in the missing front section of the original frame (where the bullet proof frame fitted) but looking at as many pics of these clear frames I've added a thin strip of wire around the fuselage and will attempt to plasticard/pe or filler the framework into place. You can hopefully just make out the wire and will use the vac frame for the top section.

0bI7JTa.jpg

0r1WCpq.jpg

ngFJ06A.jpg