PR.XI & Mk.Vc - Revell Mk.IXc & Mk.IIa kits

Wackyracer

Looking good!  The IP scratch building looks killer

On 2/8/2020 at 1:52 PM, Wackyracer said:

CfQxfDp.jpg

I've found using the new gen Eduard panels if you shoot them with a flat/ semi/flat clear, then some super gloss/Future for the instruments it really amps up the realism of the IP panel, and does away with the semi-bumpy look of their color IP panels 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looking good!  The IP scratch building looks killer

I've found using the new gen Eduard panels if you shoot them with a flat/ semi/flat clear, then some super gloss/Future for the instruments it really amps up the realism of the IP panel, and does away with the semi-bumpy look of their color IP panels 

Yep that's exactly what I do too. This is from the pink one

6m06g4c.jpg

More detail work on the pit. Camera control now mid/dark grey and picking out the different controls and stuff.

First model show of the year today so off in search of a punch and die set to use with Airscale's decal sets and ease my scratch building skills

k63Rocu.jpg

Edited by Wackyracer

15 minutes ago, Wackyracer said:

First model show of the year today so off in search of a punch and die set to use with Airscale's decal sets and ease my scratch building skill.

Let us know what you have foound, as I too am planning to purchase something that will last me a long time (hate wasting money on things that are either poor design or used only once or twice then forgotten about).

Loving this!

wing root looks sweet

silly question: the underside shot with what look like (but which are obviously not) cannon blisters just ahead of the wheel wells - what are they?

camera blisters?

sorry I know nothing about PR Spits!

6 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Loving this!

wing root looks sweet

silly question: the underside shot with what look like (but which are obviously not) cannon blisters just ahead of the wheel wells - what are they?

camera blisters?

sorry I know nothing about PR Spits!

Thanks. If I recall correctly they are the fuel pumps covers. I double check when I get home. 

After last weekends model show (no punch & die set found) it was back to the bench this weekend.

test fit on the pilot 

JBgj7wy.jpg

He armless at the minute!

6wxk0a1.jpg

Bit of a wrestling match with the pit and the fuselage but some thinning and sanding and all good now.

YEuSNxW.jpg

Add some more PR only parts as well as removing some not required also.

UvoJK49.jpg

lqdnIxI.jpg

Added Airscale and Barracuda decals to the scratched dials and resin parts

Hw5TorM.jpg

Nick asked about the wing to fuselage fit. Well happy with it now the pit is temporarily in place. The pit pushes the sidewalls out to meet the wings. I remember test fitting the FR Pink Spit without the pit and finding it a bit slack but fine once the pit was in place.

YFXrM7U.jpg

Wqbdf5N.jpg

The GMF deep oil cowling is for the earlier PR machines. A very good friend vacformed me a copy from it and I used the kit piece and it to blend together.

Ca7PCAy.jpg

AoHVCim.jpg

3jF9VPx.jpg

Sanding and filling to blend and a coat of Halfords to see the results; needs a little more finessing but happy with the outcome

fUvAZeZ.jpg