PR.XI & Mk.Vc - Revell Mk.IXc & Mk.IIa kits

Wackyracer

Very neat work so far. :speak_cool:

Just a brief heads-up on the kit's dihedral. It might be worth comparing the kit parts to references. 

When I built the Mk IIa the dihedral seemed somewhat shallow when compared to photos. It was possibly my construction technique but I thought it might be of interest.

Cheers.

sand scribe repeat, sand scribe repeat...

Starboard extra hatches

ddF1XlQ.jpg

4GYwzyy.jpg

WykgpMu.jpg

1MYvl5W.jpg

Then sanded the fuselage down to lessen the deep rivets then re-scribed the panel lines 

DX0MEFG.jpg

g5AfhYb.jpg

Also started on re-scribing the wings, deleting the bumps and adding the fuel cell ports in the front section.

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Nice! The quality of the kit is not Tamiya-like for sure but this is a good basis for conversions. If I still prefer the scribing of rhe very old (1967!) initial Revell Spit kit, the current one is far easier to assemble. 

Exactly and its £20 if it all goes wrong not £100.

I have the tamiya VIII to make but that's going to be a high altitude fighter otb

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

Aaron,

seeing your updates on a laptop where I can see much more detail, your workmanship is FLAWLESS.

:m0152:

Thank you, it takes me forever though to do anything. 

Macro photography on the phone does help either as it shows all the tiny imperfections which then leads me back to do it again to clean it up.

With regard to books, this is the one I mentioned. Alas, it is currently unavailable (but I did not check on Abebooks) :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merlin-Spitfires-Detail-Classic-Warbirds/dp/0958229651

However, if you are interested in Reco Spits, this is THE book to get. This is the volume 2. Volume 1 had a more historical content and is far less attractive for modelling purposes. 

Hth

Thierry 

4 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

With regard to books, this is the one I mentioned. Alas, it is currently unavailable (but I did not check on Abebooks) :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merlin-Spitfires-Detail-Classic-Warbirds/dp/0958229651

However, if you are interested in Reco Spits, this is THE book to get. This is the volume 2. Volume 1 had a more historical content and is far less attractive for modelling purposes. 

Hth

Thierry 

Unbelievable but just did a google search and found a copy on ebay for £15!!!!!. Bought paid for and on its way!

YYYmScd.jpg