Finally completing the Hasegawa Tony I began here a couple of years ago.

mpk

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Nice job, Dale. Glad to see you back with us too.

Hi mate.

I will always appreciate the way you all managed to cope with a person affected by chemically induced insanity. Insanity was a direct result of blimmotummomab. That is what blimmotummomab does. At least in the trial stage. I was on the trial 7 months longer than any other patient.

You guys cut me loads of slack. How could you know how a person on a cancer drug trial would act?

The doctors had no idea.

Thank you. 

I think you've always been considered a friend and gentleman, even in your hardest days. 

Most importantly, you've overcome it and you're back (better than ever if I may say so),

nothing better could have happened.

Lothar

3 minutes ago, Lothar said:

I think you've always been considered a friend and gentleman, even in your hardest days. 

Most importantly, you've overcome it and you're back (better than ever if I may say so),

nothing better could have happened.

Lothar

Thank you.

Lothar, thank you. 

Yeah mate. I am priority case # 1. 600 people world wide on the trial. All other patients were on it for 12months. I was on it for 19 months. 

The numbers for me were:

256 chemotherapy treatments. (World's most powerful chemo)

34 chemotherapy treatments via lumbar puncture. (On one day I had 17 failed lumbar punctures. These don't count. 51 lumbar punctures in total)

31 months in 2 hospitals + 13 as an out patient (This is when we met).

Total chemo doses 290.

Currently 6 months dealing with the High risk foot clinic at Concord hospital. Due to 70% of my body being numb due to excessive amounts of chemotherapy, I am in danger of having my right foot amputated. I am confident I won't lose my foot.

Treatment is continuing. 

This is why I was crazy.

Edited by mpk

I cannot believe I am alive. I expect my cancer to return every day. I have not fully adjusted to my survival. As a result I avoid people and stay inside modelling. Modelling has been very good therapy.

I have discontinued having relationships with friends and family.

I have brain damage due to the chemotherapy. I am lonely, and I am alone.

I have excessive pain. Chronic pain that is registered at 7 out of 10 at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.

While in hospital I had the most extreme case of shingles ever recorded in RPA hospital history. It was wrapped around my torso groin and legs.

Edited by mpk

Bloody hell I may as well get it all out of my system.

Here is what this human body has survived.

The chemotherapy lumbar punctures resulted in 340 days of emotional turmoil. At the 9th and 10th days of the cycle I was suicidal. The Newtown police saved my life 3 times. The chemotherapy was so intense that I became crazy. I was posting on LSP at this time.

The membership here could not possibly understand just how important they were in keeping me alive.

Thank you.

My chronic pain begins at my central nervous system. It never decreases and hovers at 6 and 7 out of 10.

On some days the pain has forced me to call Lifeline. A suicide prevention telephone line. I must have called them at least 20 times.

I am on the strongest possible medication for pain. I have overdosed once. Ambulance crew saved me.

I have had 31 serious falls. One fall sent me to ICU where I remained for 8 weeks as I fought for my life.

On my first walk out of hospital I lost consciousness and fell on to my face, breaking 4 teeth and my nose. My nose has now been broken 11 times. 31 broken bones in total.

Bloody hell!

Thank you Tom.

There is an upside to this. Blinatumomab may be the very first cure for any type of cancer.

I would go through it all again for one reason. Children suffer from my disease. I may be Priority case # 1, for a cure for children's cancer.

Over the years I have spent teaching since 1982, it has been my honor to teach children. I find I respect them more and more every day. My teaching of children, even more so than martial arts has become quite famous in the music community in Sydney. Nobody understands how exactly I am able to get the results I do. 

One important aspect of my teaching is a profound belief that it is impossible for a music student to make a mistake. I have spent a great deal of time thinking of this. The reason is simply understanding that they have yet to attain the needed muscle memory. 

Cheers Tom.