Das Werk 1/32 Ju EF-126 „Elli“ / EF-127 „Walli“ (3 in 1) Announced!

Jan_G

Actually, looking at references and photos of the actual aircraft, it seems the only version that can be built accurately from this kit is the single pulsejet machine as constructed for and tested by the Soviets during 1946-47. And even that would still require some modifications (repositioning the horizontal tailplane, extending the central fin forward, reshaping the outer stabilizing fins, and extending the aerodynamic fairing behind the skid).

Photographs of one of the three powered prototypes tested by the Soviets in 1947: 

http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/xplane/ef126/ef126-3.jpg

http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/xplane/ef126/ef126-4.jpg

Thanks for the info & images Pvanroy, much appreciated. However you misunderstood me, i have zero interest in an accurate representation of an experimental a/c. What a want is a Luft46 might have been. So i'm free to paint & build as i want, without the need for any accuracy whatsoever.  

3 hours ago, firefly7 said:

Thanks for the info & images Pvanroy, much appreciated. However you misunderstood me, i have zero interest in an accurate representation of an experimental a/c. What a want is a Luft46 might have been. So i'm free to paint & build as i want, without the need for any accuracy whatsoever.  

Yes, of course! I've got an interest in German projects myself! The only issue I see with the kit for that purpose is that the German wartime designs had a completely different skid arrangement, with two small, simple skids, one after the other. Modifying the kit to represent this configuration is possible, but would require a fair amount of work. Of course, you can just assume that an operational Luft46 production version would have used the same design of skid as provided in the kit, and obviously no-one can tell you you're wrong.

Personally, I'm more interested in doing the aircraft as it was actually built and flown as it lies at the nexus of my two main interests (Luftwaffe and Soviet/Russian VVS). I hope someone would do a DFS 346 for that same reason.

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

And still we don't have a decent 1/32 Spitfire Mk.I....

True that but Revell did one not long ago and that likely has nixed any chance of another company doing it any time soon.

This looks nice though and probably will sell well I am thinking.