2020 Tamiya Nuremberg reveals new 1/32 F-51D.

Kahunaminor

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I don't personally think that Tamiya is anywhere near out of the game, 1:32 aircraft wise.

I think this makes a lot of sense, Tamiya is clearly committed to plastic models.  We see consistent releases across the major areas cars, motorcycles, tanks, planes.  At the same time 1/32 is at the upper end of the airplane range so a slower approach also makes sense.  I would be worried if we saw tamiya do one plastic kit and a bunch of RC.  But we saw a lot of great new plastic releases at this show, including three major car releases, 1 motorcycle, two new tank kits, and 1 new lsp variant, along with a 1/48 variant in the 109E3.  I think the E3 will be a decal sheet only though and no new parts.  To me this is a healthy Tamiya releasing a diverse selection of plastic kits.  Which I think makes for a bright future in which we can be optimistic about getting a all new LSP.  It may not be this year though.

Edited by cbk57

This release gives me real hope.....................

9 years after its release Tamiya is releasing another P-51 model. Granted its not too dissimilar from the original, but still, a new version. This gives me hope for other versions of models of theirs that most assumed would never materialize 

So, the only parts from the Pacific Mustang kit appears to be the weapons sprue with the 110 gallon tanks, bombs, and bazooka tubes.  The sprues with the Aeroproducts prop and cameras, VLR antennas and DF loops, and the clear sprue with the camera ports are NOT included.  Discussion of the kit starts at 7:30 in the video and sprue showing at about 8:20.

The unique parts from the Pacific Mustang D/K kit for reference.  You only get the second sprue from the left, and it looks like the rockets are attached to that sprue.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10199450/30/5

So, no recon parts.

Edited by Dave Williams

On 1/30/2020 at 11:51 AM, John1 said:

Does anyone have experience purchasing sprues from Tamiya (in the US)?  I've had them help with replacing a lost part and they were excellent but are they just as willing to sell you specific sprues?  

I have never purchased any spruces from Tamiya directly - but look on ebay - as people sell different spruces for different models and I have bought a full spruce for a few models at a very reasonable price... Hope this helps, Mike

48 minutes ago, mhorina said:

Parts show up on instruction sheet for the camra instal.Parts are in the Pacufic release I don't know anything about whats needed  in the cockpit .

Mike Horina

Where are you seeing the instruction sheets for the new F-51D kit that show the camera install?

Well it's getting nearer: Hannants have it on their site for back-order, no date yet so could be next week, could be December, could be any time ...

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TA60328

As for price, I'm guessing on a par with, or slightly more than, the Pacific boxing, but that's only speculation on my part.

Edited by MikeC