2020 Tamiya Nuremberg reveals new 1/32 F-51D.

Kahunaminor

Not sure if this is old news. I just watched Tamiya blog video from 2020 Nuremberg show on FB. Lots of R/C stuff and other not LSP stuff but there is a 1/32 F-51D “Korean War” release.

Regards

Edited by Kahunaminor

24 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Looks like new sprues with rockets, uncuffed HS prop, and radio gear, but what are the two parts at the top of the big new sprue?  The rectangular panels with the curved cutout?

They are insert panels that I believe go on each side of the lower radiator intake.  If you check the current kit I think it has insert panels in the same location, there must be something specific to the F-51 in that area.  I am no F-51 expert but I have built two of Tamiya P-51’s in 1/32.

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Looks like new sprues with rockets, uncuffed HS prop, and radio gear, but what are the two parts at the top of the big new sprue?  The rectangular panels with the curved cutout?

As cbk57 mentioned above, they are new panel inserts for the sides of the radiator housing or doghouse. Vertical cooling slots with thin louvres were introduced post-war on some Mustangs. It was not fit onto all aircraft, and there were four different patterns that I've seen, so it will be interesting to see what they've chosen. Still though, thoughtful and thorough of Tamiya.

John Terrell's excellent illustrations from his flightsim page:

mPUz1vch.jpg

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka