1:25 '40 Willys Coupe Gasser

LSP_K2

1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

Looks good so far Kevin!! Those headers look good. Glad you found some that worked out! 

They're really not what I wanted, just what I ended up stuck with. I still may have to remove a pin mark near the bottom that I hadn't noticed until I painted them. Thanks for looking in, Joe.

I just acquired this in a swap for a car model that I bought rather compulsively, but really had no use for at all. I have about four of these kits right now, and will be adding more as well. It still annoys me no end that I had to pass on a fabulous opportunity to pick up a cherry '70 R/T convertible many years ago. That car, a numbers matching R/T convertible with a 440 Magnum, would be worth roughly $60,000 to $80,000 right now. I still can't believe I didn't buy it.

qHvUrk.jpg

With hood opening now widened a tad (roughly 1/8"), blower and scoop fit just fine. Now I've noticed that the headers hit the fender well inserts, so those will now need to be "adjusted" as well. There's also a bit of crud stuck inside the scoop opening, but I'll get rid of that shortly enough.

mn9XgD.jpg

I did something tonight that I had really dreaded doing, scribing the fender join lines on my Willlys. Once I figured out what to use as a straightedge, it was actually a snap. They still need to be cleaned up, but they are actually very straight right now. I'm a happy guy.

ZnMbvi.jpg

29 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Really enjoying your passion for cars, Kevin. That will be one nice gasser when done.

Cheers,

D.B.

I certainly hope so, Damian. It's very important to me that I do a nice job on this for two local shows later this year. The paints and decals should be here in a couple days, then I can run some spoon tests to see what's what.

While I certainly didn't get these today (my father made regular trips to the dealers to collect brochures during the 50's and 60's and I now have all of them that I could find), I found it an odd coincidence to re-discover the '60 Thunderbird brochure in particular, as I just received the AMT 1:32 kit a few days ago. Pretty cool, really.

BKC2pB.jpg