1:25 '40 Willys Coupe Gasser

LSP_K2

59 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

I've heard of white gloss before Alclad a couple of times and have always wondered about it but never asked. What are the benefits of white gloss instead of black gloss Kevin?

The darker the base coat, the darker the overall finish, or at least that's my understanding.

Engine gets some gloss white lacquer as a base for the Alclad to come. I had actually painted this a few days ago, but found some minor boo-boos that needed correcting. The ejector pins on the headers will be hidden by the fender inserts, so I'll not waste my time sweating those.

oivFz9.jpg

One thing that I fortunately caught in time, is that the kit hood opening for the included shoe box scoop, while fine for that, is narrower than the Hilborn style scoop that I’ll actually be using on this model, so I’ll be widening the opening just a wee bit.

FmOxeq.jpg

15 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Dash gets some careful dry brushing. Looks OK, I think, not great, but at least OK. Some careful dial trim and a touch-up here and there, and I'll call this finished.

as4ofJ.jpg

Thinking aloud here.

Have you tried flooding the instrument faces with something like this?: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/20011027610?iid=231389969795&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=231389969795&

I have used it to make spectacle glasses (circliar glass windows) on railway locomotives and it dries clear. I'm pretty sure it is just another form of PVA glue

It could replicate the glass on the dash

Richard

Edited by RLWP

35 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Thinking aloud here.

Have you tried flooding the instrument faces with something like this?: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/20011027610?iid=231389969795&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=231389969795&

I have used it to make spectacle glasses (circliar glass windows) on railway locomotives and it dries clear. I'm pretty sure it is just another form of PVA glue

It could replicate the glass on the dash

Richard

Yes, I have a bottle and will be adding some (or Tamiya clear) when I'm confident that the dash looks finished enough. Thanks for checking in.

2 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yes, I have a bottle and will be adding some (or Tamiya clear) when I'm confident that the dash looks finished enough. Thanks for checking in.

No problem. I enjoy these off-topic car builds.

Richard