1:25 '40 Willys Coupe Gasser

LSP_K2

Thanks to Joe's persistent killer car models here (thanks a bunch, Joe), I've decided to break out my own '40 Willys (coupe) kit, and do 'er up as a gasser model. The gassers were always some of my favorites at any race event, and the '33, '40 & '41 Willys coupes were always my favorites of the lot, so here goes nothing.

U9STKd.jpg

Though I have as yet not selected a specific scheme, it may well be something generic that I cook up. My biggest bit of fun, will be to do a four layer paint scheme, that if done correctly, should look just totally killer. We'll see, I guess.

While not nearly all gassers had/have drag chutes, I'd still like to add one, so I'll just snatch one from my '33 Willys kit, as I'm fairly sure it has one. Speaking of the Simpson style parachutes (an industry standard, it would seem), I just discovered that they're available on Amazon, not that I'm in the market for a real one.

Oh HELL yeah!!!! I'll be following this one for sure!!! These Round 2 models have got these printed tires in them which is a nice feature. What I really like are those front tires that you have in this kit. Those particular tires.......are getting really hard to find.

1 minute ago, mustang1989 said:

Oh HELL yeah!!!! I'll be following this one for sure!!! These Round 2 models have got these printed tires in them which is a nice feature. What I really like are those front tires that you have in this kit. Those particular tires.......are getting really hard to find.

They are indeed quite nice, Joe. I've amassed a rather decent amount of sets of the AMT tires, but will most certainly be adding more.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

Hope you get to see it; bright blue with yellow to orange flames.

It didn't work as a clickable link, so I just now went back and did a right click, open hyperlink, and it then went directly to Facelook. That didn't really work either, as Firefox wouldn't play it, so I used the same link in Chrome instead and it worked beautifully. I love that monster engine sound. I have to say that I'm just a tad envious.