FW190D-13 Yellow 10 conversion

BiggTim

Thanks, John. PM inbound.

I am not sure I will choose to do it at this stage anyway, I just want to see what I'm up against. I may choose to push on without it.

I rivet my planes freehand with a pin, so the pressure is much less than a riveting wheel. I always do it pretty late in the build, so I'm pretty used to it. That said, I have definitely encountered some of the exact problems you mentioned. Good advice indeed!

Tim

Guest Vincent

When you come to decal stage, don't use the "kommodore" decal, it's not accurate and never was on the operational a/c. The confusion started because right after surrender the luftwaffe ground crew painted the word "Kontroliert" on every 190 that had been disarmed and checked by the allies. Then decades later someone got the wild idea that the remain of a word starting with "Kon" was "Kommodore"

There are pictures showing these 190 with the "Kontroliert" painted under the front ring on both A and D versions on the very same airfield where the D13 was found

Vincent

Edited by Vincent

• 3 weeks later...

Wrapped this one up this evening - my second for the year!! That's some kind of record for me, and it's only May. The world must truly have gone crazy! 

A couple quick teaser shots with my phone for now. I will take some more in the daylight tomorrow with the DSLR and post them in the RFI section with details in the next few days. Thanks!

20200506-205908.jpg

20200506-210147.jpg

that is really something - looks superb :)

I just read the Jerry Crandall book on Yellow 10 - a very interesting history of a unique bird

You have done her proud Tim, I especially like the finish - the colours, markings and 'sheen' give her real presence

Peter

• 1 month later...