1/32 Revell Bf109G-6/AS Hohenjager

Thunnus

6 hours ago, Kais said:

Beautiful John.

Look out for the finger print oil on port upper wing cross.

FYI.

Thanks! Found another one on the starboard cross... one of those things that needs to be watched carefully on my builds. I can be a bit sloppy at times!

Thanks guys!  The G-6/AS is wrapping up.  I've added some additional weathering to the drop tank, which you won't be able to see since it will be on the top side.  Experimenting with intentional pastel wash staining on a matt surface...
IMG-7440.jpg

The drop tank is the last significant hardware to be added to the G-6.  The pitot tube, which was built out of brass tubing, is added and the aerial, using Uschi's elastic thread is the final touch.
IMG-7443.jpg
IMG-7445.jpg

The Bf109G-6/AS is complete!  The clouds started gathering again here in SoCal so I rushed some outdoor shots with the DSLR before the rain comes again.  I'll probably re-do the final shots when there is some ambient sunlight but here are some pics with the good camera...

JTK-9277.jpg
JTK-9278.jpg
JTK-9283.jpg
JTK-9284.jpg
JTK-9285.jpg
JTK-9286.jpg
JTK-9287.jpg
JTK-9288.jpg
JTK-9290.jpg
JTK-9293.jpg
JTK-9295.jpg
JTK-9275.jpg
JTK-9272.jpg
JTK-9296.jpg

Very nice work, and an unusual paint scheme too which adds to the visual appeal.  :speak_cool: :goodjob:

I think suspending work on your TA-152H was the way to go.  I once tried building multiple models simultaneously and it took longer to complete them all than building singly, and none turned out all that well either. 

Cheers,

Michael

Ticks all the boxes John, outstanding build and thank you so much for all the tips and advice throughout. 

G-6/AS is one mighty fine looking bird, with the bulbous front end. The Reaver conversion doesn't look to daunting either to us mere mortals so my 2 sets are definitely in danger of coming out the stash! Will save this thread for reference, thanks John for sharing this build.

Aaron