1/32 Revell Bf109G-6/AS Hohenjager

Thunnus

18 hours ago, JT68 said:

Brilliant John!

That turned out superb, beautifully done all round.

Cheer's

Jeff.

Thank you very much Jeff!  Much appreciated!

18 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Fantastic, been such a pleasure to follow along, thanks. 

Thank you very much!

18 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Superbly done John.  Please don’t send any rain clouds over the mountain range.  An absolutely gorgeous day in Palm Springs.  A tad on the breezy side but still not a cloud anywhere.    What’s next?!?!?   

Thanks Troy!  Hopefully it stayed sunny out there.... it's still on the drizzly side here in SD County.  Haven't quite decided what is next but these are some of my options: Hasegawa Fw190D-9 into a D-13, Revell Me262B Nightfighter or Fw190D-9 with Ta152 tail.

18 hours ago, turbo said:

A real beauty John, well done! The RLM76 scheme provides a great palette for weathering.

Thanks Kirby!  One of the things that I tried to steer clear of was over-weathering to compensate for the simplicity of the one-color scheme.  So I deliberately kept the weathering on the lighter side this time.

17 hours ago, chrish said:

Agreed!

beautiful job...as usual 

Thanks Chris!

12 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Very nice work, and an unusual paint scheme too which adds to the visual appeal.  :speak_cool: :goodjob:

I think suspending work on your TA-152H was the way to go.  I once tried building multiple models simultaneously and it took longer to complete them all than building singly, and none turned out all that well either. 

Cheers,

Michael

I don't mind having two builds going at once but the Ta152 was getting to be a handful so I shelved it so that I could concentrate on this one.  I'll probably start a second build going once I get the gap filling on the Ta152 started.

10 hours ago, Branko said:

Amazing

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Wackyracer said:

Ticks all the boxes John, outstanding build and thank you so much for all the tips and advice throughout. 

G-6/AS is one mighty fine looking bird, with the bulbous front end. The Reaver conversion doesn't look to daunting either to us mere mortals so my 2 sets are definitely in danger of coming out the stash! Will save this thread for reference, thanks John for sharing this build.

Aaron

Thank you Aaron!  The AMUR Reaver G-6/AS cowling is a fairly easy retrofit to the Revell G-6 kit.  Definitely less cutting required than the G-10 Erla cowling.  Hopefully, Alexey will be coming out with a G-10 Mtt cowling soon!

9 hours ago, Lothar said:

What I expected, one of the best 109s in this scale I've ever seen - fantastic and stunning work :thumbsup:

Lothar

Thank you Lothar!  I appreciate it!

8 hours ago, Fvdm said:

Fantastic result!

Thank you!

7 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Great show, John.  From start to finish.  Really appreciate you sharing your methods and tools with us.

Sincerely,

Mark

More than welcome Mark!  Even with the AMUR Reaver cowling, this one was a fairly simple and quick build!

4 hours ago, Kahunaminor said:

Bravo John, 

Stunning attention to detail and exemplary work.

Regards,

Thank you sir!

Beautiful work John, although I wouldn't expect any different from you.  Before this virus happened, I would have told you to bring your collection up to our contest in Fresno. It looks like our contest has been moved to October at this point.

Matt 

7 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Beautiful work John, although I wouldn't expect any different from you.  Before this virus happened, I would have told you to bring your collection up to our contest in Fresno. It looks like our contest has been moved to October at this point.

Matt 

Thanks Matt!  Not sure about the model show thing... have never attended one.

I had a window of sunshine so I shot the finished G-6/AS again with the DSLR.  I've put the new photos up in Ready For Inspection...

JTK-9339.jpg
JTK-9318.jpg

20 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Hey John,

What a gorgeous build! Very well done Sir.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf!  I appreciate the kind words!

58 minutes ago, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Simply put, beautiful. 

Thanks Reuben!  Taking photos with the DSLR helps things look better!

1st and foremost, NIIIICCCEEE! "Heart Eye"emojis and the "in thought" emoji to self , 'cause I would never do that scheme! LoL

Love her still, She got done nicely.... I'm just not into her complection! Hahahaa

Hope you get what I'm saying, I get misunderstood in these parts at times... LoL

Gorgeous Build Bro!

Alfonso

On 4/14/2020 at 8:49 PM, scvrobeson said:

Always a first time for everything John, and I'm pretty sure you'd clean house at a contest.  Your builds are always exquisite. Can't wait to see what happens with the Ta-152

Matt 

Thanks Matt!  Not sure how I'd do in a contest situation as my builds are not as precise as some.  I've heard that you get docked for all of the things you've done badly as opposed to give you points for things you've done well.  The Ta 152 build is plodding along.  Gap repair is not my favorite thing to do and sometimes I'll procrastinate but rest assured that it will get done.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:01 PM, Kaeone57 said:

1st and foremost, NIIIICCCEEE! "Heart Eye"emojis and the "in thought" emoji to self , 'cause I would never do that scheme! LoL

Love her still, She got done nicely.... I'm just not into her complection! Hahahaa

Hope you get what I'm saying, I get misunderstood in these parts at times... LoL

Gorgeous Build Bro!

Alfonso

I totally hear you Alfonso!  It felt a bit strange to work with a single color scheme but in retrospect, I think it is cool because of it.  But I gravitate toward more color variation in my builds.

On 4/19/2020 at 9:29 AM, F-4Phanwell said:

Absolute a stunner

Thank you very much!

15 minutes ago, Delayar said:

Wow, this is an absolutely gorgeous build!

Cheers,

Markus

Thanks Markus!  Appreciate you looking in on this build!