1/32 Revell Bf109G-6/AS Hohenjager

Thunnus

Thanks guys!  It's good to be home again.  Like everyone else, still trying to adjust to the new norms.  Picked up my two girls from school yesterday where they'll be doing online classes until further notice.  Did the SD/SF round trip drive in one day.

On the modeling front, continuing work on the G-6/AS.  The cleanup work around the cowling has been finished so I've moved forward and glued the wings into place.
IMG-7224.jpg
IMG-7228.jpg

The joint at the wing roots is good so I won't be having to spend much time here once the glue dries.
IMG-7225.jpg
IMG-7226.jpg

There will be some work to do on the bottom however.  In addition to the gaps to be filled, there is also a step along the joint between the right and left wings.  A bit of scraping will be required to make it level.  
IMG-7227.jpg

3 minutes ago, turbo said:

Hey John, great to be catching up with your work again - fantastic as always.

Cheers, Kirby

Hey Kirby!  What's going on?  I think you and your work will be greatly appreciated here.  You do fantastic work yourself! I hope you are doing well and look forward to seeing you post more here at LSP!

Welcome back.  There is a structural band that runs to the inside of the wing root.

DSCN4958.jpg

It starts on the bottom, as seen here next to the landing gear receiver.

DSCN5390.jpg

And goes around the top, stopping at the panel line.

Hope I'm not too late for this addition.

Sincerely,

Mark

7 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Hey Kirby!  What's going on?  I think you and your work will be greatly appreciated here.  You do fantastic work yourself! I hope you are doing well and look forward to seeing you post more here at LSP!

Thanks John, you're too kind! Work has kept me off the bench for the last nearly 2 years but I'm getting back on the horse  - I've started a thread on a new build so if anyone's interested come and join the fun!

3 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Hey Kirby    :hi:

Gday Mike!

Hello John,

thanks for a very precise and detailed report. On my list as well since I am in nightfighters. I will use an AIMS decal set.  Could you pls let me know where you got your undercarriage from or is it homemade? I have to admit that I didn't follow the whole report. Barracuda is always a must and I have ordered a lot end of last year. I don't know how shipping to Europe would work out at the moment. As well as with Russia. 

Best Wishes

Kai 

The clear parts have been riveted, polished and then dipped in Future.
IMG-7237.jpg

Eduard masks were used on the clear parts, which were then glued onto the fuselage.
IMG-7238.jpg
IMG-7239.jpg

The tail feathers have been glued into place as well.
IMG-7242.jpg
IMG-7243.jpg

Looks like I'm almost at the painting stage.  The question is... do I still want to do the all-RLM76 scheme?
IMG-7240.jpg
IMG-7241.jpg
IMG-7244.jpg