Jo-Han Maverick-Dyno Don's Ride-One Yr Project-Complete!!

mustang1989

Thanks Kevin.

Well gang....progress at last. I've been hard at work on this bad boy and have not posted anything due to trying to hit the bench a little harder. Here she is in the primer stage:

and after I let that all dry out I hit it with color (Tamiya Pure Red dispensed from the can and shot through the AB) the next day. Didn't have to do ANY sanding to the primer coat.

A couple of mock ups once the color coat had dried....couldn't help myself but to do this but have to admit that Mavericks look a little out of the ordinary in red:

Was able to tuck the rear tires a little further inward as well. Also need to work on raising the front of the car some and bringing those front tires outward a bit. I'll get there.....

Looks excellent, Joe. One of these days you'll need to walk me through the process of airbrushing paints that are from a can, assuming you'd be willing to do so. Over the next few years I'll undoubtedly be needing to do the same with some of my own car models, specifically my old Switchers '32 Ford Phaeton.

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Looks excellent, Joe. One of these days you'll need to walk me through the process of airbrushing paints that are from a can, assuming you'd be willing to do so. Over the next few years I'll undoubtedly be needing to do the same with some of my own car models, specifically my old Switchers '32 Ford Phaeton.

No trouble at all Kevin. I'll cover it with you a little later on either this evening or first thing in the morning bud.

Thanks fellas! 

Man.....I really goofed not looking at my references well enough beforehand. I've been pondering over the course of the last few days how to best approach painting that white roof and I think I've got it figured out now. In any case I trudged ahead with some decals.

Here's where we're at now with the 3rd Mock Up:

Thanks Shawn. It sure took a lot of work to get it there.

Ok gang....the first of the corrections has been accomplished. Where I cut the decals to fit what I thought was a little bit better and turned out being too much above the wheel openings has now been corrected. I've gotta touch up the interior headlining a little bit now but that's small stuff. The more I looked at this the more it bugged me. I had the Penzoil decal lift on me during the mask off process but this has since been replaced.

Before...paying close attention to the white area above the wheel openings...

And after the corrections....Next up....the roof.

3oDSZ8.jpg

Edited by mustang1989