Jo-Han Maverick-Dyno Don's Ride-One Yr Project-Complete!!

mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris and Gaz!! 

Ok fellas!! I managed to mask off and paint the roof white without destroying the rest of the paint/ decal work that I've done. It aint perfect in regards to "correctness" but I got it close enough for me to be able to live with. I've also applied the gloss coat over everything...

Tdzf8q.jpg

Thanks you guys!

This build has been going a lot slower than a lot of my other ones just because of parts....and the money to get them. Used to I would buy everything I needed BEFORE a build. Now I'm having to spread everything out as I can afford it. Things are slowly coming together now. Sometimes it's a "one step forward and two steps backwards" gig. Like today for instance, I saw that one of the rear wheels that I shot with Molotow has cracking in the chrome finish. Dunno what happened there as the other rear wheel is ok. Guess it's a bath in oven cleaner and a re-shoot for that one though. The other thing that I've noticed was the rear bumper. There are two HUGE sink marks on the outside of the bumper where the two mounting tabs are located on the inside of the bumper. Looks like that's gonna get stripped and some body work is coming down the pike. One thing after another with this kit...………...BUT......that's modeling.

The other thing that has been hampering me is myself. Like....forgetting to paint the roof white for instance. After the clear cured out it left a rough surface and I've spent the last few days wet sanding it out and polishing it back to the smooth finish that I had to start with when I first took photos of the corrected roof. And just yesterday I saw where I forgot to paint the tail light panel black. No biggie....just masked off and shot it semi gloss black this morning and it turned out ok.

Updated Mock up shots:

g2Vkgg.jpg

jfzlw1.jpg

9e0aaN.jpg

y5PZlM.jpg

Totally cool. I'm in the same boat, Joe, grabbing or buying parts here and there as I go along, and trying to make a 60s kit look like a 2020 kit, which can be a real challenge, to say the least. Frequently as not I can't seem to order all the parts and paints I need in a given month either, as the sellers are spread out all over the place for the specific items I want, so individual shipping charges become a concern. On a '29 Ford that I'm working on, the intake and carbs will come from one seller, but the air filters have to be ordered from someone else. Then I need to order wiring from yet a third source.

Kevin: It's slowly starting to pick up a little speed now that I've got some parts to work with. 

Gaz: Thanks buddy!! 

Just got these in from Scott at Futureattractions. Hands down the best Holley Dominator carburetors out there.

Just gotta get 'em a little cleaned up, prepped for details and painted now:

Thanks Kevin.

I'm getting pretty close to being done with the dash. I took a couple of liberties with it just to have at least a little fun. I still have the foot pedals to construct and put under it and to install a tachometer on the dash but it's pretty much where I want it. I took Macro shots against my better judgement. With that being said, the blems that show up in this pic won't be seen by the naked eye. 

zviBVK.jpg