Jo-Han Maverick-Dyno Don's Ride-One Yr Project-Complete!!

mustang1989

Thanks fellas!

Yes it does Chris. This has got to be the best representation of a 427 SOHC out there. Surprising that the rest of the kit really sucks but Jo-Han really put alot of research and effort into the engine.

Managed to get all the ignition wires formed and installed over the last couple of days.
This is NOT what I was opting for because these wires should be red but the "spark plug wire" that I got sent was the scale size of a battery cable so I went for orange.

sug44W.jpg

• mustang1989 changed the title to Jo-Han Maverick-Dyno Don's Ride-Engine Progress-11/14
  • mustang1989 changed the title to Jo-Han Maverick-Dyno Don's Ride-Engine Progress-11/21

Been working on the fuel induction the whole week. I started out with the intake runners and plenum. Shot with the unpainted carburetors from Futureattraction:

Then I shot a coat of Tamiya X-31 Titanium Gold on 'em, filled in the throttle bores with some flat black and assembled them

Then came a dark brown acrylic wash, allowed to dry and followed up with a dry brushing of ground up black pastel to flatten it all out and add some "age" to them.

I took a comparative pic of both carbs. One on the left is with the wash and pastel treatment and the one on the right is without it.

And with both carburetors painted and "weathered". Now.....it's time to add the details.

• mustang1989 changed the title to Jo-Han Maverick-Dyno Don's Ride-Carburetor Build Up-11/28
3 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Thanks Rockie and Chris. 

Working on the throttle linkage now......this could take a few days......

Whenever I get back to working on some of my stalled car projects, plumbing and wiring engines will not be on the agenda. With few exceptions, I build almost exclusively curbside, specifically to avoid all of that stuff.