A6M5 Model 52, 253rd Naval Flying Group, W.O. Tetsuzo Iwamoto

Miloslav1956

15 minutes ago, Gewehr 43 said:

What method did you use for chipping with those lacquers?  I never have any luck with them using the hairspray method.

Im not sure what Miloslav used but I've used the water based Vallejo water based chipping fluid under MRP (which is technically an acrylic, just with  the particulate suspended in lacquer) with great success.

41U4-nVFIwL.jpg

Most recently just a few hours ago on my ZM Ki-45.     I used Tamiya lacquer "bare metal silver" right out of the rattle can, then sprayed the chipping fluid, let it dry and shot MRP over it. Worked like a charm with a wet toothpick/cocktail stick and a stiff bristle brush for chipping. 

looks really good!

I would be interested in a close up of the wings where the hinomaru seems to interfere with the aileron hinge...did that cause problems with the wet transfers?

the rest looks awesome

Brian, Miloslav, thanks for the heads up.  I tend to be wary of some modelling products as they're often just an off-the-shelf product rebranded and marked up.  Thus, I've tried to stick with hairspray, but MRP has always resisted my chipping attempts with it.  So, I'll give one of the chipping mediums a shot and see how it goes.  Thank you both!