Helmut Wick Bf109 E-4

Greif8

3 hours ago, Eagle Driver said:

Superb job on the camouflage.

I hate to do this, but : I don't like how the wheels look. Don't mean to offend your work in any way, but if you can do something to make them sagged or buried in the grass, the kit will be even better.

Hi Eagle Driver, thank you for the compliment on the camo.  No offense at all, if you post photos of your work you had better be ready for objective, and well-meaning, criticisms as well as the accolades.  Your point is well taken.  The base ground work is long dried so the only two corrective actions at this point would be to sand the bottom of the wheels a bit, or "dig out" shallow troughs for the wheels.  Troughs are probably pretty doable and the chance of me screwing it up is fairly small so I just might jump on that little project this weekend.

Thank You!

Ernest 

11 hours ago, ringleheim said:

That is a gorgeous BF-109 and the figures look great too!  

I always loved this particular aircraft paint scheme.  Well done!

Thank you ringleheim, I managed a decent effort with this one.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:40 PM, Greif8 said:

I have recently read some older threads about the in accuracies of some scale kits, the Eduard Bf109 E-4 being one of them, and realized just how clueless I am when it comes to assessing how accurate the dimensions or form(s) of a kit aircraft is compared to the real thing.  Honestly the only thing that jumped out at me on this kit when I built it was the undercarriage is not raked far enough forward and stands a bit too tall - at least to my eye.  All the other dimensional errors went completely unnoticed by me.  I realized what a disconnect that is as I generally build aircraft that are tied to a specific pilot or event and usually strive to portray the aircraft marked and weathered as accurately as possible. 

Great model.  :goodjob:  I'm with you on the accuracy thing: it looks like a 109, it captures the character well, and it looks what I call "operationally  accurate", in other words in a correct configuration and setting.

The figures are great, I take it the one shooting down his wristwatch is Wick?

7 hours ago, MikeC said:

Great model.  :goodjob:  I'm with you on the accuracy thing: it looks like a 109, it captures the character well, and it looks what I call "operationally  accurate", in other words in a correct configuration and setting.

The figures are great, I take it the one shooting down his wristwatch is Wick?

Hi Mike thank you for the compliment.  Wick is indeed the figure shooting down his wristwatch, a typical pose for him.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:53 AM, Lothar said:

That's a true beauty, excellent paintwork and finish - I also like the setting

with the beautifully painted figures. Hats off!

Lothar

Vielen dank für die nette Worte! 

Ernest 

aus Bayern

• 4 weeks later...