Craft Cutters For Masks Thread

Uncarina

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of getting one of these as they seem to be rather useful.  I see the Silhouette Portrait 2 is going for around £200, the Cameo 4 is £270.  Is one better than the other - i.e. capable of finer details - or does the Cameo 4 only have more features?  Are those features useful for our purposes?

Jens

Hi Jens

That was exactly my query but I concluded after some investigation that the only difference is that the Cameo can accommodate a wider sheet size.  Given my requirements, the Portrait's 8" width was adequate for me.  I found mine (new and unused) for under £200 on Ebay in the end.

If you plan to use it to cut styrene (up to 0.25mm is apparently fine but above that it will score it) too, I was recommended to get a spare blade just for that and also to get a low tack mat, as the one supplied is pretty sticky.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m having a hard time creating outlined Amarillo USAF font using Silhouette designer edition. I’ve imported images of what I want, but the contrast between the number and the outline hasn’t been clear enough. Any advice?

Thanks,  Tom

On 3/5/2020 at 10:18 PM, Uncarina said:

I’m having a hard time creating outlined Amarillo USAF font using Silhouette designer edition. I’ve imported images of what I want, but the contrast between the number and the outline hasn’t been clear enough. Any advice?

If you Google Amarillo USAF font, there are several available on line for free.
https://www.dafont.com/amarillo-usaf.font

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mozart said:

It’s what I did for your Ju 88 stencils Alan, easy but you have to have the designer edition software installed.

Now that Im back in the world of humans (yuck) I might have to tap you experience doing that Max. Ive got a lot of time on my original Silhouette, but I'm not a great numbers guy, and would love to be able to know how to accurately up/down scale with the Designers edition Silhouette Studio edition software.