Trumpygawa Hellcat x 2

williamj

On 4/3/2020 at 3:37 PM, williamj said:

And we have a start.... Finally figured out my own way to utilize the Trumpeter wings and lower Fus. section..they are much better.especially the wheel wells.

Was going to use the Trumpeter engine cowl but after comparing it with the Has.and checking references and drawings decided to use and detail the Has. cowl (you can clearly see why) Also filled in all the deep rivets on the Trumpy parts to be used.

Stripped the Has. Fus. for a full re-scribe,rivets,fasteners..the part I like the best. Working up a whole new cockpit as well...This will be an F6F/3 Early Cat.

Thanks for following...more soon as we ain't doin much else right now. Can't even go bloody fishing but this is almost as much fun.

Cheers.

pllvcGluj

plrsq5pqj

bCwx4g.jpg
3TDEmJ.jpg

4 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Awesome project Bill! Can you please explain which cowls are from which kit?

Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Cheers

Alan

Alan, the cowling in the middle appears to be from the Trumpeter kit because of its odd shape. The two outside ones are the Hasegawa kit cowls by the looks. Quite a difference.

Love the work so far, Bill.

THOR    :ph34r:

Very nice!  Great to see an update.  

I have done the same on my Trumpeter Avenger Fuselage and wing stubs and have started stressing the skin.  As much as I love this kind of work too, the Trump detail is actually ok and I should have just sprayed a heavy coat of Mr Surfacer on and been done with it :innocent:.  You have of course a different story with the Hasegawa fuse needing to match the Trump wings.  

Keep up the great work, the Hasegawa fuselage always looked right to my eye...

• 1 month later...

Well ....getting close to painting    managed to mate the whole of the Trumpeter lower and upper wing to the Has. Fuselage.

Re-scribed the upper Trump wing ..they missed a bit of it. Reworked the Has Prop hub as well.  :D

Anyway..getting there.   Cheers fer now.

ZHpEx4.jpg

Have to subdue a lot of overdone rivets.

Z3zSyG.jpg

JMe3Jm.jpg
jSXQIe.jpg
N1YJ5G.jpg
suMbvu.jpg

Edited by williamj