Trumpygawa Hellcat x 2

williamj

Back at the bench with an oldy but goody...We are taking two Hasegawa Hellcats and attempting to entitle them.

Have been collecting AM for a long time ,some just recently traded for with a good modeling friend. 

Mating Trumpter wings to the Has fuselage x2,want a F6F-3 and a F6F-5. Will attempt to rescribe and enhance all the surface detail..new cockpits,detailed engines, etc.

Have line drawings and references in place and a head full of ideas..All that's left is a bit of time and some luck sorting out how to do it.LOL. 

Cheers Bill.

cwZixY.jpg

jDdn3C.jpg

Got my hands on this nice base from Australia ...quite lovely it is

Edited by williamj

I had a set of the Obscureco gear doors, but I didn't use them because I actually liked the Hase kit doors better (with a few modifications, of course). I will dig around and see if I still have them, if you'd like, but I think I may have already given them away some time back.

Tim

2 hours ago, BiggTim said:

I had a set of the Obscureco gear doors, but I didn't use them because I actually liked the Hase kit doors better (with a few modifications, of course). I will dig around and see if I still have them, if you'd like, but I think I may have already given them away some time back.

Tim

We're OK...The Trumpeter doors aren't bad,just have to get rid the shotgunned surface and clean them up. but do appreciate the offer.

• 2 months later...

And we have a start.... Finally figured out my own way to utilize the Trumpeter wings and lower Fus. section..they are much better.especially the wheel wells.

Was going to use the Trumpeter engine cowl but after comparing it with the Has.and checking references and drawings decided to use and detail the Has. cowl (you can clearly see why)Now I wont declare the Has.cowl is accurate..it just looks accurate to me. Also filled in all the deep rivets on the Trumpy parts to be used.

Stripped the Has. Fus. for a full re-scribe,rivets,fasteners..the part I like the best. Working up a whole new cockpit as well...This will be an F6F/3 Early Cat.

Thanks for following...more soon as we ain't doin much else right now. Can't even go bloody fishing but this is almost as much fun.

Cheers.

pllvcGluj

plrsq5pqj

bCwx4g.jpg
3TDEmJ.jpg

Edited by williamj